What defines technical diving - and how to get there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad guess.

Why mention the others, which are inferior?

Proof of that statement is where exactly? Lets see hard figures not just random numbers picked from what is left of your mind.

Lets see scientifically valid reasoning. WHY are the others inferior? Is VPM a better model ? In which case why was VPM-B created? Is that somehow superior than anything else? In which case why is VPM-B/E (which is essentially a Bühlmann wrapper around vpm) created?

V-planner is simply a GUI applied around Erik Baker's VPM original code and as a result will produce results similar to any other programme using this so how on earth can you claim the others are inferior?

There is also the fact you cant even differentiate between the name of a bit of software (v-planner) and a decompression model (of which that software supports 3 different ones). The more you post, the more its clear you haven't any practical experience of using any of those or the actual dives. Why do i suspect after this you'll be frantically using google to search for names of other deco software just to paste a big list, again with no documentation, to "prove" you've heard of others...

Are the rates of DCS lower using any of those when compared to Bühlmann and gradient factors? Is so, where are your statistics?

Just for once why dont you actually try to back up your deluded and fanciful claims with actual documentation and evidence?

It's OBVIOUS to anyone with even the most uncorrectable vision, that Nereas is in fact a tech diver. Lets examine the facts:

He knows about VPlanner
He knows the acronyms RGBM, RMV, SAC
He Knows all the proper key words like Deep Stops, Backgas, Stages
He regularly maintains high PO2's during the working portions of his dives. (everyone knows only seasoned divers like Nereas, and Mark Ellyat can pull off such profiles)
And the most convincing is his indisputable avatar!

How dare you question his authenticity.

Last edited:
It's OBVIOUS to anyone with even the most uncorrectable vision, that Nereas is in fact a tech diver. Lets examine the facts:

He knows about VPlanner
He knows the acronyms RGBM, RMV, SAC
He Knows all the proper key words like Deep Stops, Backgas, Stages
He regularly maintains high PO2's during the working portions of his dives. (everyone knows only seasoned divers like Nereas, and Mark Ellyat can pull off such profiles)
And the most convincing is his indisputable avatar!

How dare you question his authenticity.
:rofl3::rofl3:

Too funny. When I first started to Read Ocean Gladiator I thought it was a humour book and laughed through the first bits until I started to realize that maybe the point wasn't to be funny.........

I know.

Google "Cyberdiver". It'll show up.

slight hijack warning:

We will send you some pictures:D:D Do you want the Sceptre or the Diamond Knot?:D

Actually, I will add you to our Red Sea planning info list in hopes of bribing you into coming next summer.

That East Coast stuff looks very interesting also.

Say, your backgas has 32%. You go to the local quarry, max depth 110 ft. But, darn
it is closed. You go somewhere else, 140 ft. depth, but they have no gas for you. Well, can you still go to the bottom safely. Sure, multiple bottles. Is it ideal, nope.
Is it doable and safe, I would submit, yes. Are you uncomfortable with it,, then don't do it.
Kal

OK this has really taken off & this is the 1st chance I've had to respond.
Believe me if I have 32% in my back gas chances are my stage /deco bottles have a stronger mix. So it would be a no go for me. I have no problem with that. Got to live to dive another day. But I'm not a quarry diver.
In the Ocean we go to a shallower site if the primary site is not doable. So gas choices might not be optimal, but will do safely.
I would also never dive to 140ft on a single tank. I don't like bounce diving & if I am not going to be there for at least 30 min, why bother.

Bobby

I would also never dive to 140ft on a single tank. I don't like bounce diving & if I am not going to be there for at least 30 min, why bother.

Not that it matters but plenty of divers could do a multi-level dive with 140' max depth and 60 min total dive time. If I can do it with a 100 cft, quite a few could do it with 72 cft and have more than 500 psi left over. Some small women I know could easily do it with 63 cft!

Back
Top Bottom