What defines a semi-dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No way - for the reason I just gave. And there is no way I can let water in to flush it without opening the rear zipper.

It depends on the water outside, if it's really cold I'd hold it, if it's "not bad" you can pull the neck open a few times and "flush" it.:D

obviously you two have differing opinions, anyone else wanna comment? What kinds of suits do you guys have?

I have a Scubapro Nova Scotia on the way, anyone ever tried it?

obviously you two have differing opinions, anyone else wanna comment? What kinds of suits do you guys have?

I've seen it, it's a lot like the old O'Neil SuperSuit, it appear comfortable and I suspect that is will be quite watertight. I recommend hold'en unless a warm hose is available at the end of the dive to stuff down the neck.:D

Mine is a 7mm SeacSub PRO Semi-dry with "Firedry" lining.
It has long 5-6" seals at ankles and wrists and a long latex neck seal that you fold over and then the hood fits into a slot in the suit around the neck seal. This effectively clamps the latex against the neck.
Rear dry-suit type zipper.
Once you have it on there is just no easy way to let water in, or air out for that matter.
I've found that the only way to "burp" the suit to let excess air out is to hold an arm up and rotate the hand as much as possible. This twisting breaks the wrist seal and lets the air bubble up and out. It looks strange to other divers because normally when I use this suit I have gloves on so the air goes out in fine bubbles along the stitching of the fingers.

what temp water are you guys diving in? I will be using mine mainly for cave diving in Florida, so it with be around 70-72 F (22 celsius). I'm getting it because of the long exposure time, I just don't have the $ for a drysuit yet. Funny enough though, a little over twice of what I am paying for my semi-dry suit would get me a decent dry suit.

what temp water are you guys diving in? I will be using mine mainly for cave diving in Florida, so it with be around 70-72 F (22 celsius). I'm getting it because of the long exposure time, I just don't have the $ for a drysuit yet. Funny enough though, a little over twice of what I am paying for my semi-dry suit would get me a decent dry suit.

Yet another reason to hold off and get the drysuit, which will last you a lot longer than a wetsuit will (with reasonable care).

<-- not a fan of the semidry suit.

What defines a semi-dry?

WATER

Is this like the glass of water?
To the optimist it's a semi-dry, to the pessimist it's a semi-wet? :wink:

Funny enough though, a little over twice of what I am paying for my semi-dry suit would get me a decent dry suit.

Wait, I retract that last sentence. My semi-dry was 1/4 of the price of a nice drysuit.

In my experience with Mares Isotherm semi-dry suits, they're a great alternative for rec divers who simply cannot afford to dive a quality dry suit.

Correct sizing is everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom