What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a major gadget freak or equipment freak I should say. I own

1) Sunnto Stinger : Love it.

2) Suunto Spyder : Love it.

3) Suunto Solution Alpha : Love it.

4) Suunto Solution (First Generation) : Love it.

5) Suunto SME-ML : Love it (Back then this was the smallest dive computer).

6) Scubapro DC-11 : Love it (even though most diver said other wise, no more in production).

7) Uwatec Aladin Pro (old version): Love it.

8) Sherwood "The Source" : it was OK (Stopped production).

9) Orca Skinny Dipper : It was great back in those days (the company is no more around).

And no, I am not a millionaire, just happens to spend all my income on dive equipment. Have to skip meals to support this hobby.

:mean:

I have a suunto favor lux and I love it very much, best one I have every had, does any one other than me have one?

I have two

A US diver Monitor II - I Love it I have had it for 10 years.
It is an air computer and I dive it for nitrox or air.

OMS VR3 I just ordered the new one for tech diving. this will be the first time I have used a computer for tech diving. I am a beleiver in bottom timers and tables. but this computer seem to do some good stuff

Love 'em all!!!...never a bit of trouble...and all have been very accurate....wish they did a hoseless

I got the datamax pro and datamax trans pro (hoselss).

Just got a Cochran Gemini + and demoted my USD Scan 4 to backup.
Love the Scan 4, large numbers, good graphics, but I'm going nitrox and it can't (also it doesn't have a backlight).

I did alot of research before the purchase of the Cochran and believe I will love it too.

I'm thinking about selling the scan 4 and getting either a Suunto Mosquito/Vyper as a backup or a bottom timer & SPG.

I own a wrist mount spyder (converted to a stinger Paid $200 for the computer and $200 for the upgrade) and a wrist mounted Vyper (best damn computer on the market).. I paid $360 for the Vyper (teal) from my LDS about 1 year ago... bought the spyder used and had it upgraded in October (I use it as a back up and everyday type of computer)

I have a old hockey puck also (USD) its still a good air computer..... I gave it to my brother and he still dives it!

One of the big dive operations here in NC rent out those old orca computers...not pretty but they get the job done!

=-)

What computer do you own?

-Oceanic DataTrans

Are you happy with it?

-Love it, no hose to worry about

Is it console or wrist mount?

-Its on a retactable cord mount attached to the left shoulder strap on my bc

Where did you buy from, and what did you pay?

-Sho-Me Scuba
-$650.00

I use an Oceanic DataPlus 2 on my wrist and have replaced the rubber strap on the boot with bungee. I think it is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom