What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Data Max Pro Plus.
about 650.00 when it first came out.
Bought it at my LDS.
Love it.:mean:

Orca Pilot (air/nitrox)
$250 new from a dealer? (someone my instructor knows)
You can't download it but I don't do that anyway, I just put the info in my log book.
I LOVE it!

I own the suunto viper and I absolutly love it. I own it in the console form, but can be converted to the wrist mount. It is VERY easy to use and the numbers and letters are huge. You may or may not know that Suunto brand is known for there extensive memory. Some may not need that much but it is just another nice extra. This is a fine peice of equipment and I highly recommend it.

Good luck on getting a computer.:D

Started with Uwatec Aladdin Air Intergrated, purchased 2 from LDS for $650 each, in 1997. When wife(Flo) and I became Nitrox certified I purchased a used Aladdin Air X Nitrox wristmount through EBay for $600. (LDS no longer carries Uwatec. Uwatec was purchased by ScubaPro, and ScubaPro will not let you carry Uwatec unless you carry the full line of ScubaPro). Then Flo decided she wanted a Nitrox compatable also. I purchased a brand new Uwatec Air Z Nitrox wristmount also through EBay for $700. We are quite pleased with both and love the ability to download our dive profiles onto our laptop. The large display makes it easy for this older diver to see exactly what he is doing at that particular moment. They also let you know if you violate their prearranged setting. Flo's has the optional guard applied to the display and mine came with a plastic guard. The guards are definitely a must as they save the display from minor scraps and knocks.

Oceanic Versa Pro. Its got big clear characters on the screen so I don't have to take my glasses with me. On a dive, it shows depth and time remaining, and optionally temperature, clock time, dive time, etc. It has a log function, a simulator and after a dive shows time to fly and desaturate.

It works for me.

Genesis Resource.

I got it from my g/f's father to use. It was his backup to his backup to his backup. Does that make sense?

Q: What computer do you own?
A: Wife and I both have Suunto Vypers

Q: Are you happy with it?
A: Yes, about 25 dives with it so far and no problems.

Q: Is it console or wrist mount?
A: wrist mount.

Q: Where did you buy from, and what did you pay?
A: 199 UK pounds from divingshop.co.uk

I dive with the Suunto Cobra with SK7 compass. Air integrated, I paid $399 for the cobra at leisure pro, and bought the compass locally with a gift certificate from my employer. Strangely enough the LDS was cheaper on the compass $39.95. I love the computer, previous one was a Oceanic DataMax Pro which lasted 8 years. The Oceanic was an upgrade based on the recall of the Datamax Sport, costs $150 for the upgrade in ~1994.

I own an Aeris AtmosPro.

I'm quite happy with it.

It's "custom wrist mount." Consoles are bad. Air integrated units are particularly bad. (IMHO)

I paid $350 for it a number of years ago.

I use it as a bottom timer and depth gauge, but rarely use its "computer" features, except on distinctly easy multi-level dives.

- Warren

A metric Suunto Octopus II, wrist mounted (MUCH better there than in the console where it started it's dive career). Bought from DiveInn for less than the difference of buying my Apeks regs at DiveInn versus a local shop, so as far as I was concerned, it was free :)

I'm going to replace the Suunto rubber wrist band with bungees though in the near future - at depth, wetsuit compression causes it to come loose, and I'm forever sliding it back up my arm.

Really want a Vyper though, coz I want to start Nitrox diving, plus the Vyper has gauge only mode which makes it more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom