What can I stuff in a Fusions Pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had alot of questions regarding this so after a long day, I got the camera together and shot a quick vid. Dont make fun of my acting skillz....I had to crouch to fit in the frame as Im a bit tall :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-QNHW0Pgs

All was off the cuff and just threw some stuff in the pockets, there was still room for more if you needed to add more stuff. I didnt pack it the best either, just kind of stuffed it all in there :D

Neatly done, but I'd be much more interested in seeing it done with someone IN the suit, using up some of the slack.

Geeeez Lynne....now I have to.....lol...no problem. I will do it on Tuesday. I will be doing some dives in a new crystal clear quarry we are looking at acquiring and diving...I will load up :wink:

I have found that over packing the pockets with hard items like spools or a mask+ other stuff tends to be some what uncomfortable and with drygloves the smaller objects are harder to manage. I haven't had that much stuff, in the pocket, when wearing the mk3 undergarments but with the mk2 on I notice things poking my leg after a while because of the elasticness of the pockets.

I'm not saying this is a terrible thing I just had to figure out a little different way of organizing stuff.

My normal contents for an open water dive is simply a 6ft marker buoy or lift bag in one pocket and my backup mask in the opposite pocket. I always clip my spools off to the butt D-ring so I can sit on them and break them like I did on my last day of diving :-(

Steve B posted on CDF about something he uses for sidemount diving and since I'm getting into sidemount quite a bit now I adopted the idea.

When I want to carry anything smaller it goes into a 2 zipper pocket (DR) that has a grommet in the bottom corner and a bolt snap tied through the grommet. This pocket gets clipped off to the Butt D-ring also. In cold water its easier to manipulate the smaller items when I can see them so this has so far worked very well for me.

Here are some photos of what I carried last weekend on the dives:

Picture001-1.jpg

sorry, here is the rest:

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Trying to fish for these items in a drysuit pocket with drygloves on would be a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom