What Browser do you Use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using Mozilla for almost a year now and no problems. I keep I.E for that 1 site every month that just does not load right with Mozilla. Every time I get a call from friends about getting hijacked and pop-ups with I.E I tell them to just switch to Mozzilla or Firefox and be done with it.

I just started using Firefox. It is a pretty slick little browser.

Paul

wstein:
I just started using Firefox. It is a pretty slick little browser.

Paul

Same here.

Hey wstein, I posted after you for a change. You're usually stalking me here on SB. :wink: Let's go diving some time!

Wings:
Same here.

Hey wstein, I posted after you for a change. You're usually stalking me here on SB. :wink: Let's go diving some time!

Sure. Need to get some diving in before Aug 7/8.

Paul

I just started using Firefox and I really like it. I work for an ISP so I know how to keep my browser clean and safe, but I thought I would try something that you don't have to worry about, and Forefox seems like a nice litle browser so far. I like the tabbed browsing. Killer!

One thing I have noticed since I started using Firefox more exclusivily is the drop in the number of ad-ware cookies Ad-Aware finds when I do my daily scan. I used to find approx. 14 each day, and this is from surfing normal sites (yahoo, nfl.com, msn, etc). Now, Ad-aware is only capturing 2 cookies.

Paul

wstein:
One thing I have noticed since I started using Firefox more exclusivily is the drop in the number of ad-ware cookies Ad-Aware finds when I do my daily scan. I used to find approx. 14 each day, and this is from surfing normal sites (yahoo, nfl.com, msn, etc). Now, Ad-aware is only capturing 2 cookies.

Paul

I've been using Firefox, and I'm disappointed with the cookie filtering options. IE gives you a greater degree of control over what cookies are let in and which aren't. Because of this, IE should be doing a better job.

The reason Ad-Aware finds fewer cookies is that it simply doesn't scan Firefox's cookies.

Whereas IE's cookies are stored as distinct .txt files in a folder called "cookies," Firefox's are all stored in a single text file in its own profiles folder. Ad-aware doesn't scan this file and selectively remove entries from it, it only scans the individual cookie files used by IE and removes entire files.

Back
Top Bottom