What Browser do you Use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both IE and Netscape gave me fits on my machine. Downloaded Mozilla a couple days ago and all is well - no crashes.

well what i use depends on what im doing but i have just about all the major browsers loaded on my testing machine, but on all others i have NS 7 and IE 6.

also im gettting fed up with using IE lately because it seems like after a while that it does something wired and will only load part of the page and stop like its locked up, i know its not a hijack or a virus because i have it locked down on my side of the net, so its got to be a IE issue, thank goodness for NS

heres the list thats loaded on the machine i use for web testing of website.

IE 4.0
IE 5.0
IE 5.5
IE 6.0
NS 4.08
NS 4.78
NS 7
NS 7.01 (with the latest update)
Mozzila
Mozzilla/Firebird
Opera

basically everything below NS 4 are about the same thing just different variations but for web testing its always a good idea to check for minor items

FWIW

tooth

SAFARI W/ OS X Panther 10.3.2

I use Opera 7.23 mainly and IE6 for the odd sites that opera cant render properly.

The original poster only seeing 0.2% opera could be artificially low - most installs of it, opera defaults to lying and telling the remote server its IE or Mozilla (to stop incompatible messages).

I run Mozilla 1.6 in windows and linux, just can't beat the pop-up stopper, and mail filter that comes with it.

I was about to start a new thread when I spotted this one - thought it better to resurrect it.

I have been using Mozilla Firefox for the last two weeks and I must admit that I am very happy with it. I am involved with development of Intranet solutions at work, so I have been locked into the IE way of thinking for a long time. It is a revelation to find tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking and built-in Googling in a "vanilla" web browser.

In case you are wondering why I have gone overboard with the formatting above - I have discovered an extension for Firefox that gives you BBcode (the code used in Scubaboard editing) functionality in the context menu. Select the text you want to format, right-click and select the formatting - voila! It certainly beats typing [ B ] bold text [ / B ] every time (separated to avoid parsing).

You can
embolden
italicize
underline
change font size
change font colo(u)r
or put some text in a quote box

You can also paste text from the clipboard as:
a URL
or a quote

This extension can be found at Firefox's Extension site.
You can get your own copy of Firefox here.

This is a fantastic feature - I highly recommend installing it.

Cheers,

Andrew :wink:

Andrew,

Thanks for the extension site!

I use Firefox for most of my work, unless a site acts funny with it. Then I'll fire up IE for a one time shot.

I used to use Opera way back when, but it seemed that I'd have too many compatibility problems with too many web sites. I gave up on it.

The features and security on Firefox blow IE away, IMO.

detroit diver:
Thanks for the extension site!

I use Firefox for most of my work, unless a site acts funny with it. Then I'll fire up IE for a one time shot.

It's a pleasure.

Talking of funny sites, check out the response to Firefox at Microsoft's Office Template site. Funny, the page seemed to render fine to me... :eyebrow:

Cheers,

Andrew

Using Firefox almost exclusivley now. Love the Tab feature. Some sites require I.E. though. There are still a few bugs in Firefox, but they are slowly disappearing with every version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom