• Navy Seal

Votes: 9 1.1%
  • Blue Reef

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • other

Votes: 353 45.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an old Soviet Issue Automatic Dive Watch with the Rolex copied stem, good to 20 atms :)

If anyone is interested, I found out that they have started to sell them on eBay for about $40US...

:)

Paul in VT

$500.
Self-winding, BB(before batteries), in other words, it gains in value over the years, not loses value the minute it's purchased.
Appraised and regularly tuned by Ron Gordan, watchmaker, Fifth Ave, Manhattan.
Make offer to: email DiverRayC@cs.com

Citizen Hyper Aqualand NX for diving.

St Moritz:
As promised, in the eternal search for a good dive watch, I recently received a St Moritz "Zero". My first impression is that the all black timepiece with steel back and rubber band is extremely light and comfortable. The battery operated quartz movement seems very accurate as expected. There is a screw down crown, but of unusual design with very small external thread. The bezel has large, grippy indents and is easy to turn, thank goodness. It is unidirectional. The rubber band is flexible and wears well, very soft and light on the wrist. Sofar, this seems to be a good knockabout watch for very little money. The face does not have numbers but luminescent dots. The visibility is good and the phosphors work best after being hit with a beam of light. Not as good as Luminox but better than most. I'll let you know if it's waterproof.

Speaking of Zodiac, they went out of business in 1977. It was the first attempt to market a "people's" dive watch in the US. Macho looking. I have a brand new Ladies Zodiac Sea Wolf in my large pile of dive watches. It is very small and elegant, all stainless. The stem broke the first day when setting the time and. for various reasons, has never been used. Got lots of others, many work fine, I just don't like them. I always thought the early watches, like the Zodiac, were a joke, but maybe I was wrong.

I hope you will like it, it is a great diving watch.

Robert

pescador775:
St Moritz:
As promised, in the eternal search for a good dive watch, I recently received a St Moritz "Zero". My first impression is that the all black timepiece with steel back and rubber band is extremely light and comfortable. The battery operated quartz movement seems very accurate as expected. There is a screw down crown, but of unusual design with very small external thread. The bezel has large, grippy indents and is easy to turn, thank goodness. It is unidirectional. The rubber band is flexible and wears well, very soft and light on the wrist. Sofar, this seems to be a good knockabout watch for very little money. The face does not have numbers but luminescent dots. The visibility is good and the phosphors work best after being hit with a beam of light. Not as good as Luminox but better than most. I'll let you know if it's waterproof.

4000 feet???? What gas do you breathe at that depth?
Citizen Duplex

St. Moritz Momentum M1 with stainless band.

For $100 you can't beat the look and quality. It's a bit heavy, but you get used to it. Good everyday watch too. very sturdy and classy. Rolex look-alike.

I always dive with my Baby-G (shock) on my right hand and my Suunto Mosquito on my left. Love them both! :pirate:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom