What Are Your Top Three Go-To's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a lady but two things make my dive better:

Getting there a little earlier, setting up before the commotion and just relaxing.

Second, ear plugs because I like to sit at the stern and the silence is nice.

Yep, we figured out that getting to the day boat early is great for several reasons: (1) as you say, it's a little more relaxed experience setting up one's gear; (2) getting the spots you and your buddy prefer (like, in the shade); and (3) if you're using the dive operator's lead, having primo access to some of the limited-availability weights (like if you need twos, and they're few and far between, you increase your chances of snagging some). That said, we do advocate a cooperative and supportive approach toward your fellow divers (like, don't be a hog).

I tried putting Sea2Stream leave in conditioner to my hair on a couple of freshwater dives, and liked it enough that I took it with me to a recent week's worth of ocean boat diving. I dampened my hair with freshwater before the first dive and then ran the conditioner through my hair. Added more in between dives. I think it really helped with tangles and overall helped protect my hair. It's now a permanent part of my dive repertoire. Thanks so much for the tip!

Yes I am totally with Kimela on the Stream2Sea. Has made a big difference for me. Provides great protection for my hair, is safe for the environment. Now I'm thinking of ordering the face stick :)

i really swear by Scopolamine patches. I get sea sick easily, and the patches have made a huge difference (the various Dramamine formulations are not enough by themselves). My last trip about 2 weeks ago (ocean boat diving), I tried an additional tweak mentioned by another diver here on SB, and it seemed to work even better for me than the patches alone: a patch plus a mezclinine tablet the night before. Obviously, consult your physician, but I felt much better wearing a scopolamine patch, and felt even better doing the patch plus the night-before mezclinine. YMMV.

I typically do not have a problem with losing the patches in the water, but it did happen to me once this last trip. My partner and dive buddy, who was also using scopolamine patches, for whatever reason had a much harder time keeping them on for some reason. We actually carried a spare patch for each of us on on each diving day and made a point to check whether the patch was still in place after each dive.

My husband lost a patch after one dive, not sure what happened, but we've not had an issue since. They typically stay on very well! I am interested about the meclizine, and may see if I can get a script from my PCP before my next dive trip.

Yes I am totally with Kimela on the Stream2Sea. Has made a big difference for me. Provides great protection for my hair, is safe for the environment. Now I'm thinking of ordering the face stick :)
So happy you are loving our products! Be sure to use the coupon code scubaboard for a 20% discount. :)

How long are the products good for/expiration? We have some of the leave in conditioner but it's from 2 years ago
Oh my goodness! My leave-in conditioner doesn't even last 6 months and I have the huge bottle! :D Our only products with an expiration date are the sunscreens - which have a 3-year shelf life (most chemical sunscreens only have a 1-year shelf life). As long as your conditioner doesn't smell "off" in any way - it's good to still use! Hope that helps.

How long are the products good for/expiration? We have some of the leave in conditioner but it's from 2 years ago
Okay I think I found the answer, looks like 3 yrs per website but there is nothing I can find with a date so I guess I will chuck them

Oh my goodness! My leave-in conditioner doesn't even last 6 months and I have the huge bottle! :D Our only products with an expiration date are the sunscreens - which have a 3-year shelf life (most chemical sunscreens only have a 1-year shelf life). As long as your conditioner doesn't smell "off" in any way - it's good to still use! Hope that helps.

Oh wow okay thank you. The conditioner hasn't been opened yet so it should be fine. I think I purchased a couple of bottles, then COVID hit and we haven't been on a trip in almost 2 years.

Oh wow okay thank you. The conditioner hasn't been opened yet so it should be fine. I think I purchased a couple of bottles, then COVID hit and we haven't been on a trip in almost 2 years.
It's fantastic for everyday use as well! I apply it after each shampoo. It's also fantastic to use as a shaving cream. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom