What Are Your Top Three Go-To's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I apply Stream to Sea's conditioner to my hair before the first dive, then a fresh water rinse, to protect my hair from salt water. Love being able to download my logs as soon as I'm done with the second dive using my Geo 4.0 computer (Oceanic) - though now I think I'll add the MacDive too! I love being able to have all the important info saved for my dives - weight, thermal protection, temp of water, what I saw. My dive buddy always says "it's not that important" but then will ask me "what was the temp for those dives?". Ha!

Yay! Happy to hear you are loving our Leave-In Conditioner @Kimela! Thanks for helping us protect what you love!

I've been using the Pelagic Diver Log+, but I think I'll add this one. The one I'm using won't log things correctly. I was in Coz last week and it INSISTED I was diving off Africa!!!! Grrrr. Thanks for the heads up on this one!

That is not how we want to be diving the Sardine Run! :wink: You're welcome - I hope you like it. I'd love to know how you like it!

Yay! Happy to hear you are loving our Leave-In Conditioner @Kimela! Thanks for helping us protect what you love!

I had a big tube of it and dropped it and broke the top. So now it's in a small Fructis container and I feel like I should announce to the boat "IT'S OK -IT'S STREAM TO SEA AND SAFE FOR THE REEF!" :wink:

Yay Stream2Sea is mostly Curly Girl Method approved, and will not require a reset - maybe just a detox shampoo but not a full clarifier. Thank you for the suggestion. Adding this to my dive kit.

Hmmm, if I had to pick 3 things that are not obvious pieces of scuba gear, I'd go with Bonine for before a boat dive, my Surf-fur for the surface intervals, and cold beer for after.

This is what I was looking for. While I'm mainly a tropical diver, that 3+ day of diving I start getting chills. Might just invest in one of these.

Reefsafe sunscreen (stream2Sea and/or ThinkSport) for before and after the dive; a lycra onsie for sun protection and to help with getting wetsuits on and off; and scuba socks to prevent blisters and reduce unpleasant smells.

Starburst post-dive for the dry, salty mouth, Doc's Pro Plugs, lycra swim cap to keep the hair in place (I have short hair)

Almond oil for my ears, ginger as I get easily sea sick but if I eat aboutn 1cm of ginger right when taking off with the boat I am fine, and at least one of my sons to carry my tanks (I have back problems since an accident so I have decided it is time to stop pretending and playing cool and just admit they are to heavy for me nowadays - otherwise I risk to have to stop diving for 2 weeks...definitely not doing thst during the best season!)

Back
Top Bottom