What Are Your Top Three Go-To's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katie A

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey ladies!

I'm new-ish to the forum, but I've been diving for almost 10 years. I was just curious to ask what y'alls top three things are to use before or after a dive to assist in making a dive easier/post dive more relaxing? For example, the things I have are a travel sized bottle of conditioner, home-made swimmers ear solution, and Dove dark chocolate squares. :p

Let's see what y'all have! I'm excited to see/share ideas! :):thumb:

Great question!

I love using MacDive before and after a dive. I set the GPS to run (even with no reception) so that it syncs the dive location GPS to my dive computer splash time and I get an accurate log of where it is. I can then also bluetooth the site data all at once to my friends with MacDive, including name/country/region info that I’ve already entered. Post-dive, it already knows what site to suggest and I just bluetooth my dive data over like temp, time, depths, Nitrox info. It makes logging dives so easy and I am never behind. I can then chat about the dive and enter notes with buddies right away.

Before - reef safe stick sunscreen! It makes it easy to apply without much fuss. I like ThinkBaby/ThinkSport’s SPF30 stick.

When I edit photos between dives, I plop in noise canceling headphones or earphones. It lets me relax and also drown out engine noises, especially if I’m in my bunk and winding down at night. :)

A collapsible wheeled wagon to haul my gear around at the quarry or to/from my car at home. Work smarter, not harder. Why carry your gear when you can roll it? I can even fit my doubles in it, although I prefer to move those on my back.

Sun Bum coconut argan oil. Protects hair from sun and salt and tangles. Smells good too.
Swedish fish for post-dive.

Not sure I have a top 3, but Trader Joe's has a couple of amazing coconut products for hair. One is a mask, and the other a leave-in conditioner. Great for getting out tangles. A close runner-up is "It's a 10" leave-in conditioner/detangler. And to avoid tangles completely, I cut off the top of knee-high hose and use them every 2-3 inches of hair after an initial ponytail. It's SUPER attractive (not) but works great. The tops of the hose are softer than regular ponytail holders and grip a little better.

I love using MacDive before and after a dive. I set the GPS to run (even with no reception) so that it syncs the dive location GPS to my dive computer splash time and I get an accurate log of where it is. I can then also bluetooth the site data all at once to my friends with MacDive, including name/country/region info that I’ve already entered. Post-dive, it already knows what site to suggest and I just bluetooth my dive data over like temp, time, depths, Nitrox info. It makes logging dives so easy and I am never behind. I can then chat about the dive and enter notes with buddies right away.

I've been using the Pelagic Diver Log+, but I think I'll add this one. The one I'm using won't log things correctly. I was in Coz last week and it INSISTED I was diving off Africa!!!! Grrrr. Thanks for the heads up on this one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom