What are your favorite fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jets for warm water and turtles for cold. I love the simplicity and the types of kicks that can be done with them

MorFins are the BEST fins I've ever used and I've tried dozens of different brands and styles on actual dives. No here is even talking about them because they are brand new. They really need some consideration, they are simply awesome, better than Force Fins too! Try this test...drop any fin in the water. See what it does. Most simply sink and fall to the bottom (some will float). Pay attention to how they fall. MorFins always naturally move in a forward direction, even with the open heel part of the fin causing resistance. Pretty much every other fin I've done this with moves backwards, towards the tip of the blade. What does that tell you? Look at fish. Do you see any fish with split fins? I don't know of any and I've been watching fish for over 25 years. A fish with a split fin is an injured fish.

I'm done buying fins. I will use MorFins until I retire from diving. It's as simple as that.

I used to own a pair of split fins, but has since moved to using Scubapro Jet fins for wetsuit diving and OMS Slipstream for dry suit diving. Both fins are the same, provides great thrust and allows you great maneuverability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom