What are your favorite Cozumel Restaurants??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the best ceviche/seafood (according to my local DM friends) go to Chepe's on 4th between 20th and 25th. I don't believe there's even a sign outside, but you'll see some tile work and some tables so it's clearly the only restaurant on the block. Their specialty is fish. The only catch is they have no particular hours of operation and I don't think they have a phone either. I have tried ceviche de caracol del mar (conch), ceviche de pescado (fish) and ceviche de camaron (shrimp). All three were excellent, but my favorite was ceviche de caracol del mar.

Did anyone mention Can-Do maps if you want to know where you're going? http://www.cancunmap.com/ I just ordered Cozumel (not the reefs) and Mayan Adventure @ $10 each plus $2 postage, requesting the free Cancun airport map.

Gordy, do you mean "La Mission Parrilla" on 30th Ave? That's my fav, but if you say "La Mission" the taxis will take you to the other one I think.

02-44.jpg

Last edited:
I second the Can-Do maps! We are traveling to Cozumel in less than a week. The maps contain locations, prices, and a short description of the entrees they serve.

You won't find a better source of information in one spot.

Did anyone mention Can-Do maps if you want to know where you're going? Can-Do Travel Guides I just ordered Cozumel (not the reefs) and Mayan Adventure @ $10 each plus $2 postage, requesting the free Cancun airport map.

Gordy, do you mean "La Mission Parrilla" on 30th Ave? That's my fav, but if you say "La Mission" the taxis will take you to the other one I think.

There are at least three. Of the three that I know of, Casa Mission is my least favorite, but it's OK.

------------

Okay...ggunn I found your list above on Christi's sticky! I included the bold print and underline on your suggestion above. Okay...I have had octopus many times...but never stewing in its own ink. It sounds unappetizing...but I will keep an open mind!!

Pulpo in su Tinta used to be available at many restaurants, but for some reason, La Perlita is the only eatery where I've been able to find it in recent trips. The first time I tasted it, one of our party ordered it for "shock value" and passed it around because everyone at the table thought it sounded weird and unappetizing. I was converted at the first bite.

Cabaña del Pescador (Lobster House):lotsalove:

Lobster is the thing here. You select a lobster tail, and brothers Fernando or Enrique will weigh it, boil it with a hint of spices, and serve it with melted butter, accompanied by sides of rice, vegetables, and bread. Does lobster require anything more? This is the only thing on the menu on Fernando's side of the restaurant, but Enrique will cook up steaks, shrimp, or fish if you don't feel like lobster. The setting is quite tropical -- a pair of thatched bungalows.

Cabaña del Pescador (Lobster House):lotsalove:

Lobster is the thing here. You select a lobster tail, and brothers Fernando or Enrique will weigh it, boil it with a hint of spices, and serve it with melted butter, accompanied by sides of rice, vegetables, and bread. Does lobster require anything more? This is the only thing on the menu on Fernando's side of the restaurant, but Enrique will cook up steaks, shrimp, or fish if you don't feel like lobster. The setting is quite tropical -- a pair of thatched bungalows.
I love that place, though I haven't managed to get there the last few visits. It's very rustic, and they have "watch geese". They told us that the geese make a lot more noise than a dog when a stranger tries to come on the property after hours.

Pulpo in su Tinta used to be available at many restaurants, but for some reason, La Perlita is the only eatery where I've been able to find it in recent trips. The first time I tasted it, one of our party ordered it for "shock value" and passed it around because everyone at the table thought it sounded weird and unappetizing. I was converted at the first bite.

Can I ask...what color was the sauce? :shakehead:

I love that place, though I haven't managed to get there the last few visits. It's very rustic, and they have "watch geese". They told us that the geese make a lot more noise than a dog when a stranger tries to come on the property after hours.

The geese sound "quaint" I understand they really can be ruthless attack "quacks" if need be!

Lobster is high on the list!! Bless the geese police.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom