What are your 5 UN-favorite movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wizards -- The only movie I ever got up and walked out of the theater from. If the woman screeched one more time, I was going to attack the screen.

My Life as a Dog -- Couldn't finish it. A dog's life CAN'T be that dull.

Pulp Fiction -- Couldn't finish that, either.

The Out of Towners -- Why anybody thinks watching people behave like jerks is funny is beyond me.

Jcsgt:
Just about everything I watched in the 70's would qualify.

Wow. You mean:

Taxi Driver

The Deer Hunter

The Conformist

Green_Manelishi:
I liked FGT; especially Kathy Bates character.

I caught that movie on broadcast TV one night when I was at home sick. The only reason I watched it was because the remote wasn't within arm's reach and I was feeling too awful to get up from the sofa.

I ended up enjoying that movie, especially the supermarket parking lot scene where Kathy Bates deals with a driver who stole her parking space. There have been times where I've been tempted to do just that :11:

Tron --- Disney's early attempt at a computer animated film (the only movie that looks the same run forward or backward) unwatchable

The Blair Witch Project --- the hype over this plotless mess was astounding. You needed more Bonine to watch this bobbing and weaving camera than if you were on a Key Largo boat in Feb (no lie, someone actually puked in the theater when I was there --- the olfactory ambience did wonders for the rest of the film)

Dumb and Dumberer and Revenge of the Nerds II --- ruinous sequels to excellent movies

The Kevin Costner Robin Hood flick --- the most atrocious attempt at a British accent ever by an actor who is generally awful anyway (he even hired a butt-double to do the nude scenes in this because his posterior didn't look good enough)

The later Star Trek movies, where the principal actors looked like they needed Depends more than their Tricoders (set phasers on "wheeze")

TSandM:
Pulp Fiction -- Couldn't finish that, either...
Awwww... Pulp Fiction grows on you... You have to watch it again and again to appreciate it... and again...

shakeybrainsurgeon:
Tron --- Disney's early attempt at a computer animated film (the only movie that looks the same run forward or backward) unwatchable
Although I agree with the rest of your list...Tron was the bomb. Maybe it's cuz I remember seeing it with my dad, but I still stop and watch it if it comes on. No, it was not a very sophisticated story line, but it was WAY ahead of it's time. It's laughable now that everyone and there mother has a computer. But it was the first real CG movie. You gotta respect that...

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Napolean Dynamite
3. Nacho Libre
4. Natural Born Killers

Only four came to mind!

i liked the whale and squid, and i'm really looking forward to The Fountain. i loved "my life as a dog" and "pulp fiction". my point is - every movie is un-favorite for some. there will be never a concensus.
in any case, my un-favorite ones:
Napoleon Dynamite, Life Aquatic with Zissu (whatever the full name of it is), From Dusk 'till Dawn, all Drew Barrymore's movie except E.T., most of Meg Ryan's flicks, vast majority of Hollywood remakes, the list can go on and on.

Back
Top Bottom