What are you listening to when your getting ready to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

big_dman27

Reaction score
Great question.

I'm sure I am probably of much older generation than you, but I have about an hour commute to the Lake, and really enjoy listening to classic Doobie Brothers tunes such as "Takin' it to the Streets", "Wheel of Fortune", and "It keeps you Runnin'".

Dive Safe!

Great question.

I'm sure I am probably of much older generation than you, but I have about an hour commute to the Lake, and really enjoy listening to classic Doobie Brothers tunes such as "Takin' it to the Streets", "Wheel of Fortune", and "It keeps you Runnin'".

Dive Safe!

Doobies rock!!!

I also listen to good ol classic rock as they call it now day's!:D

I like classic rock...Eagles, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Queen, ELO, AC/DC, etc.

But if I'm needing something a bit more current, then it's The Fray, Five for Fighting or Matchbox 20.

Excellent question, BTW.

I normally listen to the local beach city radio station, for local news and traffic, and their contemporary modern music, which is a mix of jazz and funk. I like ConFunkShun and classic groups like that. Songs that you can dance a NYC Hustle to. It wakes me up during the 2 hour drive to the seashore.

But once on the beach, I tune in to the ocean waves and the breezes as I unload gear and move it to a tarp and beach umbrella, and no more music or noise.

Then after the dives, on the return trip, it's back to the contemporary music and traffic news. This keeps you awake while you are off-gassing (decompressing) and driving back.

The other types of music that I like are 1800s Viennese Waltz, 1920s Quickstep, and Latin Mambo and Rumba, but not while on the way to or back from a scuba site. These are best when you are holding a beautiful woman in your arms and dancing across a ballroom with her. After the dive. And then she will love you for it.

Heavy Metal, Blues or the voices in my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom