What Are The Riskiest Things In Your Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just happen to be teaching a risk management course for project managers today.

Risk #1, regardless of when, is that I purchase some item of clothing for my wife and it is the wrong size. Too small and I hear "do you think I am fat?" Too big and I hear "don't you know what size I wear?"

Two biggest risks for men:
1. Everything they do.
2. Everything they were supposed to do, but did not know it.

tedtim:
I just happen to be teaching a risk management course for project managers today.

Risk #1, regardless of when, is that I purchase some item of clothing for my wife and it is the wrong size. Too small and I hear "do you think I am fat?" Too big and I hear "don't you know what size I wear?"

Two biggest risks for men:
1. Everything they do.
2. Everything they were supposed to do, but did not know it.
3. Everything they ever THOUGHT about doing.

Dating.

Biggest risk for injury? Riding my horse. (Last time I was injured was last summer when he tripped and flipped over on top of me which resulted in only a broken rib -- could have been MUCH worse.)

Biggest risk for serious injury/death? Probably a toss up between diving and driving -- however BOTH are very low risk activities because I don't do much on the risky side.

Closest to saying goodbye? Tied between sitting on 4 sticks of dynamite while attaching the blasting cap to the electrical cord when a lightning bolt struck the mountain above where I was sitting -- and -- having two nurses wheel me back from a fainting spell in the bathroom after a non-surgical procedure - but not having the nurses notice that I fainted again which allowed my head to fall forward which closed off my airway which deprived me of O2 which caused my heart to stop beating which....

How am I probably going to die? Most likely some CV incident -- massive stroke or heart attack.

My risks:
1. Work (if I get hurt at work, it's likely due to being struck by a car while on a traffic stop or traffic accident)

2. Driving

3. Diving (although the diving I do is relatively pretty low risk)

As for my closest call, I think I have three incidents at the top:

I was nearly killed in a traffic accident as a small child, was not belted in. I had the top of my scalp peeled back and glass and metal debris through my bicep, tricep and thumb. A large dog sitting next to me was actually killed.

When I was a teenager, I would listen to the radio (yes, electric) while in the tub, despite the persistent warnings from my parents. One day, the radio slipped into the tub. I saw it falling off the edge and was already moving toward it when it hit the surface of the water. I was able to shove it out and onto the floor. However, just for the briefest moment, I felt a shock go through my entire body. It was cold and numbing, strangest feeling I think I've ever had.

Was nearly shot while investigating a suspicious subject call. I still don't like to talk about that one. Nearly ended my career.

Queen:
Motorcycling among the cell phone talking, stereo fiddling, makeup applying, newspaper reading, car/truck/SUV drivers.

Yea, that has got to be the most dangerous thing I do too.

Riding my sportbike in the streets , racing my sportbike on the track. Driving anything in Vegas , my job can be dangerious . Just about everything i do is dangerious to some extent.

Diver Dennis:
If you think dating is dangerious , dont be stupid and get married , divorce is a hell of a lot worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom