What are the differences when diving a Waterproof D1X?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Waterproof D1X Hybrid drysuit, but what are the differences when diving one? (compared to diving other trilam drysuits)

Do you need still get squeezed and need to put air in? (and let air out when ascending?)

What else is different when diving one of these suits?

(BTW this suit is not for diving in Egypt!).

I don’t have one myself, but I have friends that dive it. My understanding is that it just has the equivalent of a thin undersuit built in, but this is removable. Apart from that it’s the same as any other similar trilam suit.

I had one and i would not buy one again i felt super big in it and not easy to move around in it it's a okay suit but a normal trilam and a good undersuit is way better. Especially since the d1x had metal zipper ok the back i would rater have plastic in front works best for me.
With that said i did have about 50 dives with it and for those i would say it's bad but any trilam i feel is better.
The d1x is a bit more boyant because of the under suit and you will need to put air in and out like any other suit

Dump valve placement is a bit too far forward due to a seam going where it should be, dumping gas is a bit more awkward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom