What are the "Can't Miss" dive sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: So true! Nothing beats having a reef like Invisibles all to yourself. I have been to dozens of reefs on Bonaire, many of them numerous times, and I can't single any out as favorites. Here is my list of "unfavorites": None.

Deciding which site to do next is really more dependent upon your schedule. For example, do that dawn dive at your hotel house reef. That way you don't have to drive anywhere to get wet first thing. Have breakfast where you're staying. Do another house reef dive. Load up the tanks and drive to a site near town. Dive. Get lunch in town. Dive a site just outside town. Drive to a distant site (north or south, take your pick) and dive. Eat dinner. Do a night dive at the house reef or somewhere close by. Crash. Get up early and do it again.

Mountain Dog

That is exactly how I "plan" to dive. I'd like to get 4-5 dives a day in. When we finally go, We'll do our first wreck (Hooker), first night dive (prob our house reef) and by the time its all said and done 20-30 dives logged in Bonaire. Which will probably triple our current dive count.

I started this post as I'm a DorkFish (my wife uses that name) but wanted to have my own screen name.

Hopefully our trip will be in March 2011 with a group of 6-10

I have to agree that there aren't any "must" dive sites on Bonaire....they're all worth diving IMO. We've gone to Bonaire for the last 2 summers (2 weeks each trip) and have enjoyed every single dive we've done there. Prior to Omar, we did more dives on the northern sites, but last summer (post-Omar) we found the northern sites to be pretty damaged, and spent more time diving the southern sites.

When our trip to Fiji this summer got cancelled, the only thing we could consider to replace it was another 2 weeks on Bonaire this summer. :) We're excited to see how the reefs on the northern sights are recovering from Omar, and can't wait to enjoy some of our favorite southern sites. I also noticed that Buddy Dive is now offering a 3-tank boat dive to the sites in the National Park, so that might be something we have to consider as well.

We've done the East Side Diving thing and will likely not return for another charter with them.

I have been diving in Bonaire some time back. Now i will be comming back for more. Last time round i did not do the 'park' and east side.

Are there any tips on doing the east side of the island? My motto is better safe than sorry, so do you recommend taking a dive guide along to the east?

Does anyone know when the Manta season is?

Are Salt Pier and Town Pier open to divers?
I know you need permission through the Harbor master and a dive guide, but read on shorediving.com that they aren't allowing people to dive these sites...

anyone have any current info on them?

Jeff Davis, Helma Hooker, and I like Tolo! :wink::D:D The lake is good too!

Don't for get SOMETHING SPECIAL and yes the Witches Hut (Dan's Joy or someones joy?) all great dives!

Off the beaten path up Noth but I love Taylor Made and Candy Land! Cant beleive there are no other votes? Up and around Bopek noth of Karpata and assured to have it to yourself!
South I like Red Slave and Invisibles but I have to agree..its all GOOD!

A boat dive with wild side out of Cai is worth the $..its the only boat dive I would do?

Buddy Dive has bought a new (big) boat and are now offering a 3-tank dive into Washington Park! It includes lunch and goes to the sites either too difficult or inaccessable from shore. We're planning to book it for our trip in July and are really excited about it.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom