What are the "Can't Miss" dive sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB..I've taken the "short cut" on several occasions and although the route back is geographically shorter it is also much slower. I'm not convinced it really saves time since you can easily do 50 MPH on the longer route.

Well if your going back to do Jeff Davis or Hut, because the surf is too big at Karpata it is a lot closer and faster! Into town? Maybe not?

Papa Bear, beautiful shot at the Lake! My family loved that dive when we did it in October. Can't wait to do it again.

Here is another at the Lake, I love the sponges and corals in this area, very healthy and colorful!
820__MG_7195_Nan_on_the_reef_Bonaire_12-09_IV.jpg

Are Salt Pier and Town Pier open to divers?
I know you need permission through the Harbor master and a dive guide, but read on shorediving.com that they aren't allowing people to dive these sites...

anyone have any current info on them?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

The resorts have permission to dive the Carrgil salt pier as a night dive on a rotating bases! Each one has a different night. The Town pier can be done with time and the right DM. Ned Deloach did it in Sept.

Well if your going back to do Jeff Davis or Hut, because the surf is too big at Karpata it is a lot closer and faster! Into town? Maybe not?

When there was a bit too much surge, sorta rare, we found the sheltered areas like 'yellow sub and something special in the bay north side of town were great dives.

Some of the area where the sailboats moored there had a lot of trash still, but also a lot of life, and entries were very easy, when many of the other sites were getting too rough for the ladies to enjoy. Let's face it us guys don't really enjoy getting rolled head over heels in waves either, but hate to wimp out :D Doesn't happen often on Bonaire in our experience, but it has a couple of times.

There are times the south gets less surge, and times it's easier to the north. It pays to be flexible and check out several sites, if your first choice seems a bit rough when you get to it.

Buddy's reef is also a good one in most conditions! I have seen it with a ripping current going north! But that is rare!

We will be there on a Cruise in March of 2011. Is there a dive op that you recommend since we will only be there for a day?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom