Question What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

• Audible alarms

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Audible and haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Visual information only

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other (designate in post)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other = None. I don't care what the computer comes with as long as I can turn them off. The visual display and visual cues for things like PPO2 too high, MOD violation, NDL low, deco time, tank pressure low, etc are all that I need.

EDIT - Reread the poll and changed my vote to visual information only.

Visual only for me. I have a Citizen dive watch with a built in depth gauge that logs max depth and dive time. Love the watch, but it has an ULTRA sensitive ascent warning. In the 10-20 foot range, if I raise my right arm to dump air, it starts beeping. Annoying as F. I am sure it annoys everyone else, just like their random beeps annoy me. I don't dive with it any more.

Other; don’t care so long as I can turn it off.
Thanks, the choice for visual information only was to address that. The ability to disable audible and haptic alarms would leave only visual information.

I dive 2 computers. My nearly 12 year old Oceanic VT3 has had audible alarms disabled since initially configured. I have had a Teric for nearly 3 years, the audible and haptic alarms have been turned off from the beginning. Both computers give me visual information. I voted for visual information only in the poll. Sorry if it's not clear

Thanks, the choice for visual information only was to address that. The ability to disable audible and haptic alarms would leave only visual information.

I dive 2 computers. My nearly 12 year old Oceanic VT3 has had audible alarms disabled since initially configured. I have had a Teric for nearly 3 years, the audible and haptic alarms have been turned off from the beginning. Both computers give me visual information. I voted for visual information only in the poll. Sorry if it's not clear
I took exception to “only” my Teric’s have way more features than I use, I just don’t see a reason to care if a piece of equipment can do more than I use.

Back
Top Bottom