Question What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

• Audible alarms

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Audible and haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Visual information only

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other (designate in post)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm comfortable with the Visual alarms on my Perdix.

I don't like audible alarms at all.

I wouldn't be opposed to haptic alarms for critical items, though. Visual for alerts and warnings. Haptic for warnings only.

I took exception to “only” my Teric’s have way more features than I use, I just don’t see a reason to care if a piece of equipment can do more than I use.
Thanks, maybe I should have asked what alarms do you want to use? Polls can be difficult to write sometimes, nothing is perfect. Results will be interesting nevertheless

Thanks, maybe I should have asked what alarms do you want to use? Polls can be difficult to write sometimes, nothing is perfect. Results will be interesting nevertheless
That would be a clearer question.

Maybe the real question here is “What alarms do you want on other peoples dive computers?”

BEEP!

As long they are customizable, in that you can turn them on and off. I prefer all three. Some stuff I only want a visual notice. Others I want the full audible notice. Particularly the deco cleared beep.

Unless you've attained consent from every diver within earshot, audibles alarms should be a crime.

Audible alarms are the devil. The person with the computer that is alarming never seems to hear them, sound carries much further underwater, therefore you cannot really judge direction well with respect to sound. That means that there is a frequent peeping that seems to be coming from everywhere and nowhere all at once. Annoying as heck to the other divers in the water with you.

I have lost count the number of time that someone's alarm went off and the user did not have a clue what was all about. Most of the time they were over the ndl and usually bailed out by the dive guide or others.

I hated the audible alarms on my Cressi, mostly because they were audible, but partly because they were excessive. I routinely triggered the rapid ascent alarm moving my arm to take pictures or video of big stuff swimming by, and there was no way to turn it off. My Teric has the option of haptic alerts for not-crucial info like the end of a safety stop, but I found I actually like that one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom