What Age Did You Start Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

14 for SCUBA but free diving much younger.

Started snorkeling over diving parents at 5, they finally got me a tank at 7. Here's a picture from my 8th b-day with new vest.

Steve-8yrsold.jpg

Shortly after this Flathead Lake dive, we did 98' in Priest Lake to see a very small sunken boat (bbrrrr).

Instructor in 2000, along with intro to cave and dolphin rebreather.

I was 10 when I did my firsrt scuba. Purchased a set from the feed and seed store. Lived on a lake growing up and amazingly the water would sort of clear up in the fall. Took scuba instruction from an LA County/NAUI Instructor at 12 and was certified as NAUI Scuba Diver at 14. He made me wait until he would give me my card until I grew a little. Yes he made me do pushups, yes he called my mother and told her to feed me more which highly upset my mother, no I was not all that small for my age, he was just awfully big--lol. I learned to swim before I could walk almost, we were always messing with boats, I love the water, on it or in it.

Due to a fire and then a flood many photos are gone, this one and a few others survive, I am 14 and my buddy there on the left is 16. The USD Mistral regulator has been mine since 1968, I still dive it.

DSCF0192.jpg

N

I just started last October at 56. 57 in August. No one else in the family is interested. Really enjoying it.

I started at 47 wish I started a lot younger but I'm making up for lost time. I should get in about 100 dives this year and part of that includes a trip to the Coral Sea for my 50th birthday.

OW in '95 at age 23. After a 10 year break I should pick up Instructor this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom