What Age Did You Start Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Age 32........20 years too late....wife @ 30, all the kids(3) @ 12 like it should be...lol.........OW all the way on all 5.............GEAUX TIGERS............

...tender age of 14.

...Commercial Deepsea Diver @ 21

DSD

I had to wait until 20! I wanted to get certified @16 but my parents (who know nothing about diving) thought they knew everything, and said no way.

This was especially funny to me since all of my dad's friends dive, and since my certification I have been diving with them many times...

Tried it out in a pool when I was 5 and I wouldn't come out! When I was 12 I did a discover scuba kind of dive on the great barrier reef. I got certified a few weeks before my 16th birthday, almost 12 years ago.

I was 9. I used my uncle's regulator that was made in 1955, and with the NOAA Diving Manual, taught myself since instructors were a little rare then.

40 I was in Key West for my 40th B-day and went on a very cool snorkelling trip. I had a friend that was certified who told me how to get started, a dive shop opened up about two miles from my house, and the rest is history!

i started diving when 30 but i'll make sure the little one will learn earlier

My wife talked me into trying a 'resort course' in 1998 when I was 36. She got her OW in college and AOW right after she finished college, so a much earlier age than I did. Got my OW the next year, AOW (because it was required to get Nitrox cert then) and Nitrox the year after that, then entry level tech (no helium) in 2003. We'll likely plateau here as far as certs go. Our diving is always 'recreational' - something we do for fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom