What about the other side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, this is mainly from my log book, in no particular order:
Southern Oasis; Bells to BLue Hole; Blue Hole; Blue Hole right; Three Pools, Ras Abu Galloum, The Garden; RAG, Ras Salih; The Islands; Canyon; Ricks Reef to Canyon; Coral Garden; Eel Garden; Golden Block; Shark Reef; Moray House; The Caves; Um Sidd; Light House Reef; Abu Halal (little Canyon); Abu Talha; At least two sites down in Gabr el Binth. Counting 22, but I think two of them could be the same place under a different name. But there were about 5 where my log got wet and I couldn't read it anymore, so there may have been more.

Maybe things have changed since the dark ages.

I didn't go through the arch (in fact I haven't dived the Blue Hole, but only the Bells to BLue Hole) and I have not exited the Canyon at the lower exit, but I am of course very impressed that you have.

And don't you "my friend" me.

stefo2:
OK, this is mainly from my log book, in no particular order:
Southern Oasis; Bells to BLue Hole; Blue Hole; Blue Hole right; Three Pools, Ras Abu Galloum, The Garden; RAG, Ras Salih; The Islands; Canyon; Ricks Reef to Canyon; Coral Garden; Eel Garden; Golden Block; Shark Reef; Moray House; The Caves; Um Sidd; Light House Reef; Abu Halal (little Canyon); Abu Talha; At least two sites down in Gabr el Binth. Counting 22, but I think two of them could be the same place under a different name. But there were about 5 where my log got wet and I couldn't read it anymore, so there may have been more.

Maybe things have changed since the dark ages.

I didn't go through the arch (in fact I haven't dived the Blue Hole, but only the Bells to BLue Hole) and I have not exited the Canyon at the lower exit, but I am of course very impressed that you have.

And don't you "my friend" me.

Thanks alot for the new sites in Dahab, really they are new to me. I mainly dive in Sharm El-Sheikh because we go to Dahab from Sharm El-Sheikh in the morning and return back to Sharm in the same day. I really appretiate it very much. thanks alot

But I home that our friend Draco get the information he needs. You seem that you visit Egypt a lot. I hope that I can meet and dive with you or with Draco. Really it will be my honer to know new divers.

You're welcome.
Yeah, I go to Egypt quite a lot and love Dahab (don't like Sharm), but I mjust admit that I've pretty much exhausted the diving options there by now. But I'd rather stay in Dahab and go diving from Sharm than the other way round.

As for me I've been to Egypt few times, but I always avoided Sharm mostly because of the amount of people. I've been told there're beautiful diving spots there, but I don't know how much I would enjoy to dive together with other 25/30 divers around me. it'd spoil the entire thing, don't you think. I know as well that there are periods of the year when there is not a lot of people, but, in my line of work, I'm one of those who can get a week vacation only in the summer...

As for the other dive spots, on the right hand side, they might be a little more expensive, don't you guys think?

Dive Safe,
Paolo

draco:
As for the other dive spots, on the right hand side, they might be a little more expensive, don't you guys think?

There still seems to be a misunderstanding about what you mean by right hand side. I think Gehadowski and I both assumed you meant the Gulf of Aqaba (Egyptian side), hence the Dahab information. But you are actually talking about the Saudi side, aren't you?

Sorry, no idea about that. I know that there are a few dive shops and some decent diving in Aqaba, Jordan.

YES! that's what I'm talking about! the saudi side!
Thank you guys

Sorry my friend I can't help you, about diving in Saudi Arabia. I have no clue about that part in the Red Sea. I which I could help you. All that I know that it is not good as the Egyptian side. I am not saying this because I am Egyptian, but I am saying this because I want you to have nice time in diving and in the afternoon. May be me and Stefo are talking about Sharm and Dahab, but both of them are very beautiful. you will like diving there. About the number of the divers, you can do oneof two things. Either take a free lence guide, but it will cost you more of course; or contact the diving centers in sharm and ask them if they have small group.
If you want the contacts of the diving centers, I can help you with this. I will give the contacts of the recommended diving centers in Sharm El-Sheikh. I hope that Stefo can help me in these contacts, He visited Red Sea many times and I think that he had some contacts. I can give you a number of friend of mine he is a free lence divemaster. He can help you there in Sharm. Think about it and let me know

gehadoski:
About the number of the divers, you can do oneof two things. Either take a free lence guide, but it will cost you more of course; or contact the diving centers in sharm and ask them if they have small group.
If you want the contacts of the diving centers, I can help you with this. I will give the contacts of the recommended diving centers in Sharm El-Sheikh. I hope that Stefo can help me in these contacts, He visited Red Sea many times and I think that he had some contacts. I can give you a number of friend of mine he is a free lence divemaster. He can help you there in Sharm. Think about it and let me know

it's not being in a big or a small group that I don't like, it's ALL THE OTHER SMALL GROUPS that are diving in the same area as you are. sometimes I thought it could be a good idea to put some trafic lights underwater to avoid collisions! :eyebrow:
Anyway I just came back from El Quseir (See my report in this part of Scubaboard) and it was lovely. No more than 10 divers in the water at the time in a huge area, gruops of 2 or 3 tops, and I had so much fun!
Thank to both of you for the help given, and I'm sure I'll ask you about my next trip, which, unfortunately, won't be soon... :dontgetit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom