Whales off Kawaihae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acooper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My first Humpback sighting of the season, a full breach 200yds off the bow of the dive boat!

There was a commotion on the bow and someone said whales. Just as I joined the crowd foreward the whale came out of the water for a classic breach! What a way to start whale season.

A trio of two large and one likely yearling about two miles north of Kawaihae. Looking forward to whale song on winter dives.

Heard some faint calls when we splashed off the Back Wall last Tuesday, but nothing after that. I'd have written it off as my imagination, but the DM also heard it. It wasn't much, but it was a great way to start the dive.

Saw one yesterday off waia'nae. Only caught sight of the tail slapping the water...turned around too late. A good sign!

Heard 'em while on a back wall dive at Molokini today. We saw a pair between Maui and Molokini. Thar be WHALES kepten!!!! :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom