WHALE SHARKS 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 28 and 29 we did whale shark tours. Whale shark was sighted on the 28th among the bait fish but but the time our boat got there the whale shark was gone. Snapper are there so conditions are right for whale sharks to visit Gladden Spit.

June 30 no whale sharks seen but an exciting day anyway. Saw 8 dolphins so everyone got to swim with them. The exciting part was a visit by 4 bull sharks who circled our snorkelers and came very close - one withing arm length. Saw lost f horse ey jack and Atlantic Spade Fish. Only snorkelers on this trip so no info on how deep the snapper were. Saw rays and turtles during the lunch break inside the barrier reef.

July 1 Canada Day!!!! but no whale sharks. All divers this time. Saw rainbow runners and tuna which is a bit unusual in the whale shark zone and the bull sharks were there again - but less interested in divers than yesterday's snorkelers.

July 2 and 3 whale sharks sighted - found by watching for the birds feeding on the bait fish. Whale shark went down before we got into the water.

July 4 and July 5 no whale shark trips due weather conditions.

I would like to review this thread as it has whale shark sighting statistics. Is there a way I can get a copy of the thread?
Regards
Ralph Capeling

I would like to review this thread as it has whale shark sighting statistics. Is there a way I can get a copy of the thread?
Regards
Ralph Capeling

I'm sorry Ralph, I don't understand what you mean by get a copy of the thread?

2019, the year of no whale sharks at Gladden Spit. :(

Do you know if it was a good year for whale shark sightings at Isla Mujeres and Holbox, Mexico? Or the Bay Islands, Honduras? It would be interesting to find out.

The whale sharks not showing up in Belize this year is very concerning for the area and you guys.

I don't know how 2019 was for whale sharks in Mexico or Honduras. I wanted the 2018 thread posted so I can refer to it when answering inquiries about whale sharks 2020.

Ralph, here's your Whale Sharks 2018 thread. Is that what you were looking for?

WHALE SHARKS 2018

I found it by looking up your profile, then checking out all threads started by you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom