Whale Dies After Being Shot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The quote is from a post by Kevinpagan in this thread. It was just above the post by Deepstops, but for some reason it has evaporated.

I just thought it was ironic he was talking about saving this "fish" (I think whales are still mammals) and advertises a fishing charter in Miami that specializes in shark fishing.

Posted using Tap-to-talk....

This story reminds me of a poor Beluga which had befriended kids and swimmers some twenty odd years ago. There are a lot of yahoos out there on the water with no regard for life and think that shooting animals is OK.
BELUGA WHALE CALLED B.W. SHOT TO DEATH - NYTimes.com

There was also a NY boat captain who ran a charter who used to have crew shot migratory birds and seagulls on his deep expeditions. I was on his boat once. I made a fuss and was told shutup...which I didn't. Reported the ****er to the FEDS/ Fish and Game etc.

X

Did anyone look at his website?

"Compared to other species of fish, shark fish is not as tasty, but shark fishing in the recent time has become a popular game fish all throughout Florida for the pure adrenaline rush it has to offers. "

Yeah, its pure hard-on stuff. Makes you feel like a real mean. Especially when you strap your rod to the chair and wrestle a great hammerhead with a 200 ton boat.

No wonder Florida is considering tightening shark fishing regulations. IT gets worse though. Has anyone seen that idiot Mark the Shark? He has to be the worst sport fishing enemy of sharks in the world. What a scumbag. Google him, I cant even bring myself to go to his website.

Thanks Chris. Will have a look.

X - TDS member

p.s. just had a look. Grotesque sites fueled by ego. Cannot condone taking a child (4 yrs) old to see someone whack a innocent nurse shark to death all in the name of good fun. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom