Whale Attacks Snorkler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I was starting to worry he thought I was whale.

hehe.. in a "Horny great dane looking at a chihuahua" kinda way...:confused:

Cheers :D

Mike

If I heard my daughter cry in the night and when I went to check on her, I found a stranger (or strangers) leaning over the bed staring at her, I'd probably have the same reaction as the mother whale.

lol...yea, well, maybe I flatter myself, but I was getting paranoid. Thinking "shoo!...you can go now"

He was looking at me funny.

They other divers said he was looking at them.

That was one big eye.

catherine96821:
Thinking "shoo!...you can go now"

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: OMG, I love it... Shoo!... Shoo whale!... Shoo!... :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I can just picture it....

You almost made me spew coffee all over my monitor.

Thanks for the great laugh.

Cheers. :D

Mike

This is a prime example Don't mess with a mothers baby. But he does have a whale of a tail...Or the tail of a whale rather.:D

I have pulled some dump stunts in the water, but if I knew I was 9 hours out from a country with third world medical care and no served by the US Coat Guard, I hope I would have thot - Hey, cant afford to screw up here...!

I am snorkeling with whale sharks on the north end of the Yucatan this summer, and while I don't think it possible to sneak up on one, and they don't take care of the babies like whales do, still - I do want to remember to not get in their way. This nincompoop story will help remind me.

This nincompoop story will help remind me
I got attacked by an elephant in Botswana once doing something equally as stupid and I can say that there is *zero* time between thinking that everything is under control to being sure you're about to die.

In my case I really should have known better. I grew up in the middle of the Rockey Mountains and I had tons of experience interacting with big wild animals.... Just goes to show you. Stupid is as stupid does.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom