Wetsuits for teen girls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Y'know, there are a few topics that I'll confess to knowing absolutely nothing about...

My daughter (PinkPrincess007) is thinking about taking the plunge and doing her OW course. Of course, as a good PADI instructor, we'll probably buy her gear very early in the process. Makes me look at gear choices from a whole new perspective. We've got the reg and BC issues worked out, but she's looking for more colorful, stylish wetsuits than dear old dad has shown her. Any suggestions?

I made the mistake of showing her the Jessica Alba issue of Scuba Diving. Now she wants a silver, sexy wetsuit... :11: Thanks Jessica.

(We're probably going to go with either 3mm or 5mm, depending on the time of year that she starts.)

Many thanks in advance.

Nice. I wish they had pricing on the web page, but I think I'll give them a call. Great looking suits!

Thanks,
Grier

Carolyn is here on the board. ID: Liquid Fit. Good luck! I've heard their suits are too $$.

Hey, Grier,
Look at the ladies' suits at ScubaL.com (used to be Triple-L.biz).
You can get one to fit her perfectly that has a bit of color, won't cost an arm and a leg, and when she suddenly outgrows it, which she will, you can get her another and still have some money left over from not buying a Henderson Hyper Stretch.

the K

If your daughter is 16+ don't worry about her growing out of her suit. I still fit the suit I got in '97. Most girls are at thier full height and pretty close to adult weight by then. I don't blame her, I think most suits come in BORING too :wink:

Gidds:
If your daughter is 16+ don't worry about her growing out of her suit. I still fit the suit I got in '97. Most girls are at thier full height and pretty close to adult weight by then. I don't blame her, I think most suits come in BORING too :wink:

I'll be 17 in November. I love my o'neill wetsuit...it's a 3mm. I use it when we go to the caribbean (since it's too chilly for nj!) I got it on leisurepro.com. I have the size 4 (it's the smallest size they make). I'm 5'4 and around 100 pounds...for me it was more about the suit fitting than the spiffyness. Remind her she can get o'neill boardshorts to match her wetsuit :0)

-Christine

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I've been away from my PC for a few days.

Thanks to everybody for your input. I'm passed your links to PinkPrincess007, and we'll start shopping. It's so much easier for newbie guys. You just need gear that makes you look like your image of a navy SEAL and a big, expensive dive knife. (Of course, over time you lose the knife and learn that bright colors make you more visible to your buddy and the boat captain, but those are lessons for another day...)

Thanks again,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom