Wetsuit Recommendation for a Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB pwierz! This is the third time I've answered this question in 2 days-makes it easy -just cut and paste:

I add a 5mm hooded vest to my 3mm full giving my core 8mm. This set up takes me from Spring through Fall. When Cape Cod Bay warms up, I lose the vest and go with my 3mm exclusively. Layering allows for flexability and is quite cost effective.

good point where in MA are you planning on diving. Cape Cod is going to warm up much more than if you are doing the North shore/NH/Southern Maine area.

Go with the Pinnacle Merino Lined 5/4 Fusion with a 5mm hooded 3mm vest merino lined. Warm enough for Boston in the summer perfect for Florida in the Winter. Many of these suits are on the charter boats now in Florida as the water temps are low 70's. Guaranteed you will love it. Manufacturer offers a 30 day money back guarantee.

www.pinnacleaquatics.com

Chad B

Okay, this gives me a pretty good idea of what to look for. Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. Also, it's really refreshing to see a board where new people don't get completely flamed for asking a beginner question. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom