Wetsuit Quest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife is having a very hard time finding a proper fitting wetsuit. The problem is that she has a definate hourglass shape and can't find a suit that fits her well all over. She is 5'7" 36-28-38 :D so suits are always too tight in the chest & hips or way too loose in the waist.

I know custom suits are an option, but if we can find something "off-the-rack" that would be prefered.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Have you tried XCEL? The neoprene in their 7-6-5's is nice and supple. One of your local distributors is Liburdi's Scuba Center in Costa Mesa. Which is matchign internet prices for their xmas sale. 714-662-7230 Baker/Bristol @ The Camp

The X-scuba hyperstretch are also very nice for shape.

Yea I have had some lady students of mine have very good luck with hyperstretch suits, for alot of them it migh as well be a custom measured suit, not to mention its super easy to don.

I love my Henderson Hyperstretch suit. Definitely don't mind possibly giving a little on the warmth for the super comfort my suits provide. I'm rather large chested and broad shouldered with a smaller butt (compared to my bust and shoulders), and I can fit in the same size Hyperstretch suit as a friend who has very large hips and buttocks, but smaller shoulders/bust.

Might be worth a try.

Thanks for the help. I will take her out this weekend and look at the Hyperstretch & Xcel suits since they are available close too home. If these don't work then we will go down and check out Neil Pryde.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom