Wetsuit Quest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two words - Henderson Hyperstretch

I have tried on every wetsuit known to humankind (Yes, all of them. Every single one. Ask my husband.) and this is the only one out there that really fits me. If a conventional wetsuit fits my chest it is way loose in the hips and the arms and legs have huge rivers of water gushing through them If the rest of the body fits, the chest area squishes my girls until I can barely breathe.

My Henderson Hyperstretch suit fits my like a warm hug. It's stretchy enough to conform to every curve of my body. Get your wife to try one on. She will love it and she will love the way she looks in it.

But be warned, that stretchy material doesn't keep you as warm as regular neoprene. If she gets cold easily she might want to go with a 5 mil.

Nothing against the Hyperstretch, Henderson has a great reputation.

But to offer a possible alternative, there is a Swedish company that is new to the American market (but not the European).

Waterproof wetsuits. http://www.waterproof-gear.com/index.asp

These wetsuits are very "anatomically gender specific", as they say. Just seeing one on a hanger brings to mind an athletic Swedish beauty. (My mind anyway haha)

I have a (male) 3 mil suit of theirs and it is a great suit. It honestly feels as warm as a 5 mil. It has wrist and ankle seals like a semi-dry, wrist and ankle zippers for ease of donning, pre-bent and padded knees and elbows and a short zipper at the neck.

I have no affiliation with this company, but their ladies suits look very curvy and contoured, and it seems to be a very well made suit. Mine was quite a bit cheaper than I was expecting it to be too.

If you can find one in your area, they are worth checking out.

Thomjinx

Back
Top Bottom