Wetsuit or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthPortDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK I know it's late and probably won't get an answer in time but I'm going to ask anyhow.

I normally wear a full wetsuit 3mm Akona. My question is as warm as the water is right now should I bother with it on tomorrows Boneyard trip on the Aristakat? And no the alternative is not wearing just the speedo if that's what you are thinking. Only asking because humidity makes stuffing my 230lbs into it a little rough.

A friend once told me to use butter flavored spam cooking spray. Of course I knew he was messing with me but I asked why butter flavored. He said for 2 reasons one it would help the suit slide on easier and second if I got eaten by a large fish or shark then I would taste good also. I'm so glad not all my friends are as nice as he was. LOL

I wouldn't - water is nice and warm now. I WOULD wear at least a rash guard or skin for sun protection though.

I wouldn't - water is nice and warm now. I WOULD wear at least a rash guard or skin for sun protection though.

I wish I had a dive skin. I was thinking board shorts and t-shirt.

I dove under the same conditions, in a 3mm. It was VERY warm! Way to much so for my taste. I should have gone with a rash guard, as mentioned earlier! Worth the investment!

I was actually uncomfortable in the water.

Just my thoughts!

Ive been wearing a old pair of mens swim trunks minus the little net part of course and a muscle shirt. Tank tops rub but the muscle shirts have enuff shoulder coverage. But yeah I m not dieing of heat stroke walking across the sand now.

Ive been wearing a old pair of mens swim trunks minus the little net part of course and a muscle shirt. Tank tops rub but the muscle shirts have enuff shoulder coverage. But yeah I m not dieing of heat stroke walking across the sand now.

Yeah that walk from the car to the beach yesterday was a killer. I wasn't winded or anything but the sweat was pouring out of me.

I should be sleeping right now but I can't. Too excited about the trip today. I've managed to sleep off and on for about 3 hrs.

I have no trouble wearing just swim trunks. My wife likes to wear a "skin" though.

Depending on the presence of jellies, for shore diving I wear either a full length lycra rash guard, a 3/2 shortie or lycra shorts and lycra rash guard top. For UV protection I use liberal amounts of Bullfrog Ultra spf 70. It's very waterproof. Depending on water depth/temp, for boat diving this time of year I use a 0.5mm one piece rash guard, or the two piece lycra set unless I'm deep/wreck diving then its a 3mm one piece. I have a tendency to get cold on long repetitive dives, even in 80+ F temps.

just wear a t shirt and athletic shorts, i will wear a t shirt over my rash gaurd any day. you will be plenty warm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom