Wetsuit needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven:
I must be part Hawaiian then....I won't wear anything less than a 5mm full suit year around on Maui.

After our trip in April, my husband has finally agreed that he needs to have a little more warmth, so he's going with adding a vest to his 3mm full. I'm guessing he got cold for the first time since not only did we dive everyday, but we did two of Ed Robinson's 3-tank Adventure charters, and by that third dive he was feeling the 75 degree water. :wink:
I'm in the same predicament... was diving a 2/3mm shorty, but after 1.5 weeks of 2-dives a day average, I was getting chilly.

When I go back, it'll be a 3mm fullsuit, if not a 5.

I have to say that I really prefer the 5mm full since it's much easier to flood your suit and cool off if you get hot than to try to warm up once cold.

DiveMaven:
I have to say that I really prefer the 5mm full since it's much easier to flood your suit and cool off if you get hot than to try to warm up once cold.

Hey! Smart Cookie!!! never looked at it that way :wink:

skierbri10:
I go with a 3mm, but I know a girl that gets cold in even a 5mm.

If we're going with the "I know a girl..." one -- a girl that was in my OW class four years ago on Maui got cold with a 5mm fullsuit, with a 3mm jacket ON TOP of it.

A very skinny girl that smoked...

Oddly enough, she was planning on working towards her instructor status... I bet she's diving dry by now if she got through that! :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom