Wetsuit boots to reduce fin slop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaad

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently upgraded to Deep6 Eddy fins. With my current 2mm neoprene booties, there's some slop in the fit that I don't particularly like. My bootie moves side to side, but the length and spring tension fit well. I think this would be easily remedied with a chunkier boot, but I'm not sure where to begin my search. I'd appreciate any recommendations for a higher volume boot suitable for warm water wetsuit diving.

you might first try a thick cotton athletic sock under your current boot. Also, you can wear thick, warm dive boots in very warm water without your feet getting "hot", if that is what you need.

We’ve used Mares 5-mil “classic” boots, and see lots of others wearing them. Ours are 12 years old and just starting to show age. You’ll need them for Bonaire.

my TUSA’s seem pretty wide. You might also try Converse all star sneakers, an old favorite.

I love my Bare boots... more of a proper boot sole. Great for shore and ladders.

Just wrecked my 10 year old pair so not bad on durability.

BARE_UltrawarmthBoot_set.jpg

Seasoft Stealth

Fourth element Amphibian

To stop the slop in my XXL drysuit Eddys it's Original Swat Alpha Fury 8 side zip, for a perfect fin fit

I put a pair of "water shoes" on over my booties and it all fits well.

I recently upgraded to Deep6 Eddy fins. With my current 2mm neoprene booties, there's some slop in the fit that I don't particularly like. My bootie moves side to side, but the length and spring tension fit well. I think this would be easily remedied with a chunkier boot, but I'm not sure where to begin my search. I'd appreciate any recommendations for a higher volume boot suitable for warm water wetsuit diving.
What size shoe do you wear?
What size Eddys did you buy?

What size shoe do you wear?
What size Eddys did you buy?
I wear an 11.5 shoe which is just barely over the line into XL size range according to Deep6. I bought the XL.

From the Deep6 website:

Customers have found wetsuit boots with a flexible sole in sizes 5-8 fit best in a S/M, 9-11 LG, 11-13 XL, above size 13 the XXL. When wearing wet-suit boots with a thick "sneaker" type sole or a dry suit boot you should go to the next larger size. If in doubt get the next larger size as the spring straps are adjustable for a more custom fit.

Back
Top Bottom