Wetsuit alterations???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score

Wetsuit alteration????
I have lost a large amount of weight since first getting certified. In the process I now have two wetsuits that are too big. I now wear a 2xl.

I have a 5xl 3mm Farmer John and a 4xl 7mm full suit. Both are obviously too large and eed to be altered to fit properly. But, I can't find anyone locally who can help me. Are there any DIY instructions on this or do I try to sell them and buy new again.

The 3mm has about 10 dives and the 7mm around 20. I also have a 3/2mm full suit and a 3mm full that both fit.

Thanks for any help...

I could be wrong but the magnitude of change may no be practical to alter too.

Have you tried contacting the manufacture? I've had Henderson make alterations to my wetsuits. If they can add material (I needed the extra length) I can't see what they can't take material off.

There is also the fact that it might end up costing more to alter than buy new. Lets face it most of the suit would have to be changed. It isn't cheap to have one altered.
DIY...I wouldn't. Something minor yes but not this time.

crpntr133:
There is also the fact that it might end up costing more to alter than buy new. Lets face it most of the suit would have to be changed. It isn't cheap to have one altered.
DIY...I wouldn't. Something minor yes but not this time.

Have you Mares semi-dry altered?

The only time I've had a wetsuit altered was with a custom wetsuit from M&B. I took it back in after years of use and they made the alterations I needed for a reasonable cost.

hoosier:
Have your Mares semi-dry altered?

BINGO!! $115. Needless to say that even though I have the dry suit I won't be hanging the Mares in the closet.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking it may just be an appropriate reason to treat myself. Maybe I can find someone who needs a good deal on a couple bigger like-new suits.

Back
Top Bottom