Wet suit at Dutch Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajay

Contributor
Reaction score
I have never gone to Dutch Spring and would like to go sometime in the next two weeks. How comfortable is it to dive at Dutch Spring this time of year in a 7MM wet suit. Is the water still too cold.

Should be OK ..

scubajay:
I have never gone to Dutch Spring and would like to go sometime in the next two weeks. How comfortable is it to dive at Dutch Spring this time of year in a 7MM wet suit. Is the water still too cold.

No problem. Been to 100' @ Dutch earlier than this in a 6.5mm FJ -- just don't forget the hood!

That being said, it ultimately depends on your tolerance for cold. But really -- not a problem.

i think grunz was wearing his wet 7mm late last november, there might have actually been snow on the ground. the coldest i've ever is late october. i don't think it's ever too cold to dive wet, but moreso the key being how warm will it be during your surface interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom