Wells Marine O2 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve been told these are not the best. Your experiences?

Kiss ships units with these now. DR and Apeks are an upgrade. I have a barely used Apeks DS4 in my spares box I bought here recently ago as a backup. Came off a CCR so it already has OPV. Just need to add the required plug.

They’re fine. You likely won’t ever need to use anything different.

if you have a ds4 laying around why wouldn't you use that?

The WMD are fine though. Not my first choice, but they're fine

Well, I blew two DS4 HP seats so far this week while diving in Cayman Brac. That's one reason not to use DS4's.

Well, I blew two DS4 HP seats so far this week while diving in Cayman Brac. That's one reason not to use DS4's.
did you shank someone's mother last week to have that kind of bad luck? :p

I can't think of any reason why I would recommend someone to buy an Apeks, but I can't think of a particularly good reason to go buy a new first stage until the Apeks kicks the bucket

Apeks are shite. I will never own another one other than the ones on my ccr. I like nothing about them other than they work “most” of the time.

Apeks are shite. I will never own another one other than the ones on my ccr. I like nothing about them other than they work “most” of the time.
I don’t get this hate for Apeks. My XTX50/DST SM regs are fabulous. The only consistent issue I have is screwing them into valve is frequently a PITA. Others here have had the same problem.

I have two of the Wells Marine O2 regs that came with my Kiss Spirit CCRs. They are perfectly good regulators. But i also have a couple of DS4 regs I had on my old Sport Kiss CCRs. I switched over to the DS4 regs a few years back after about 5 years on the Wells Marines. I needed an extra blanking plug which i bought from SubGravity.

The Wells Marine regs are just clones of the Aqualung Mikon. You can service it with that manual. Kiss will sell you service kits no problem.

Both are perfectly good regs. I have no concerns about using either one. I would not suggest spending money to swap, but if you already have a newly serviced DS4 then you can't go wrong with that either.

Lots of FUD about Apeks out there, maybe due to old HP seats. Just get a new service kit.

Back
Top Bottom