http://www.diveheart.org/

Well Wishes for Kimber (TekDiveGirl)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Eric.

You know - another song that uses the same music (a song I would prefer to listen to) is "Sexy Body Gal" by Shabba Ranks. :wink:

i think as anybody who's gone through physical therapy can attest, IT SUCKS

as in, IT SUCKS BIG TIME

but it is the road that leads HOME

hang in there, TDG, one step at a time

:wink:

Missdirected:
One of our own went to see Kimber today. All of her children have been by her side. :D She is still working on "re-wiring" her arms and legs. Obviously, her brain has suffered some injury. She is now able to sit up for a couple of hours a day and has stood once, with much assistance. As was said before, she is talking and responding really, really well. Physical therapy is a continuing must to get her limbs functioning again.

She looks really well today and has come such a long way in such a short amount of time - a testament to her inner strength.

I still do not know exactly what happened that day that caused her this trauma. I just know her original prognosis was grave but she is alive and is working her way back!

For those of you wanting to know what caused this; as I said, I myself do not know. I do know she is getting better! Right now that is the most important issue - is for her to take care of herself and work on getting back to herself.

Those of you who are not medical may not realize that this outcome is fabulous and utterly unexpected. The prognosis for someone who was in a coma as long as she was to come out and be lucid is so poor that I didn't want to comment on the thread any earlier. I'm thrilled to hear she's doing so extraordinarily well . . . perhaps a tribute to strength of will!

Missdirected:
Does anybody else feel like if they didn't have that tune running through their head already, it is stuck there now??? :D :D[/QUOTE

Nope, PINK

by Aerosmith

Just spoke to Kimber very briefly on the phone - she's out of the CCU/ICU setup completely, off in some different ward/unit - therapy/rehab? She sounds remarkably strong! Keep giving them hell, girl! :)

Mike

The fund is growing but not at the pace we had hoped. Physical therapy will take a while but in the meantime bills will pile up. Rent/mortgage, electric and all the others are going to need paid. Your good thoughts from your hearts helped get her to this good point of recovery now we need you to help with your pockets. Please find it in your hearts to share some of your good fortune while our friend Kimber/Tek is not able to care for herself. Any amount, small or large, known or anonymous will be greatly appreciated, as have the ones that have been recieved to this point.

While she and her family are busy rehabilitating her I think we should do whatever we can at this time to assist. Wether it be buying a t-shirt, auctioning/buying an item, or whatever. This is a friend and fellow diver who needs our assistance.

A remarkable woman ..

I visited Kimber today.

A friend that had spend the night with Kimber, so she wouldn't be alone, was on her way out when I arrived.
Kimber awoke and I let her know I was the morning shift. :) They brought her breakfast which I fed to her. I told her I may as well flick spoonfuls at her from across the room, for all the skill I was showing. :D

It was a good visit and I spent the better part of 2 hrs talking with her, making her laugh .. Oh what a beautiful sound :D

A remarkable woman indeed :D

D_B:
A remarkable woman ..

I visited Kimber today.

A friend that had spend the night with Kimber, so she wouldn't be alone, was on her way out when I arrived.
Kimber awoke and I let her know I was the morning shift. :) They brought her breakfast which I fed to her. I told her I may as well flick spoonfuls at her from across the room, for all the skill I was showing. :D

It was a good visit and I spent the better part of 2 hrs talking with her, making her laugh .. Oh what a beautiful sound :D

A remarkable woman indeed :D

Wonderful news indeed :). :jump: :jump:

awesome news about kimber!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom