Well this sucks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've held off on booking until it actually opens back up (direct flights)

From today's InfoBonaire:
upload_2020-12-15_12-29-11.png

So, flights from the US are banned until at least Jan 15. I would not be at all surprised if the ban is extended beyond that date. Things are not going to improve in the US by that date. Bonaire may adopt a policy similar to the one recently revealed for the Cayman Islands.

Cayman has recently announced that flights from the US are banned until at least March, 2021, and that proof of full vaccination and a negative Covid-19 PCR test at entry will be required.

On a strictly personal note, I have hardly been wet since we locked down early March. And I've been working from home since that. It sucks. Majorly. Big time. Still, I'm a lot better off than those laid off because their employer went bankrupt due to the virus. But do you know what would suck a lot more for me, even more than being laid off? Knowing that someone died a horrible death from Covid-19 because I didn't observe proper contagion protocols.

Wear a mask, socially distance and wait this crap out. It sucks, but it isn't that frikkin' hard. 70 years ago, people were in a friggin' war. They paid a lot more than we do.

I have decided to skip our Feb Bonaire or Curacao dive vacation this year. I am to OCD to to cross my fingers, only to make last minute changes. We are going to Cozumel instead. The weather and winds from the north may be unpredictable, but at least it will be warmer than home, and near the water.

We just booked Buddy Dive May 1 - 8 and Delta flights Richmond to Bonaire (layover in Atlanta). Fingers crossed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom