Question Quick question about Bonaire fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've dived with my family all around the Caribbean, but this January will be our first trip to Bonaire. I'm working on making sure we have all our ducks in a row, so to speak, well in advance. I was hoping those of you that have been frequently and/or recently can help clarify information on fees.

As a visitor, I pay a $75 Visitor Entry Tax in advance, via this website: Bonaire Visitor Tax Official Page

(This tax is not collected by the airlines?)

And as a diver, I pay a $40 Marine Park Fee, via this website: Bonaire Nature Fee | STINAPA - STINAPA

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining... just want to make sure I have everything done correctly so our arrival and time on the island are as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: yle
No. You pay it, get a QR code, show that code when you enter, each time.

Yes. Same fee is paid by snorkelers. ALL Marine Park users pay the same fee. Good for the Calendar Year.
Thanks... this is how I was reading the info, but wanted to check with someone that's done it.

The tax payment is easy. As @tursiops said, you’ll get a QE code to show when you enter the airport. Make sure you have it on your phone, or printed. Otherwise it will take you longer to get through.
The park pass will be checked wherever you are doing your orientation dive.

When will you be there? We’re at Den Laman the last two weeks of January.

Enjoy!

Erik

I've dived with my family all around the Caribbean, but this January will be our first trip to Bonaire. I'm working on making sure we have all our ducks in a row, so to speak, well in advance. I was hoping those of you that have been frequently and/or recently can help clarify information on fees.

As a visitor, I pay a $75 Visitor Entry Tax in advance, via this website: Bonaire Visitor Tax Official Page

And as a diver, I pay a $40 Marine Park Fee, via this website: Bonaire Nature Fee | STINAPA - STINAPA

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining... just want to make sure I have everything done correctly so our arrival and time on the island are as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for this information. I will be there in November and had no idea this was necessary.

Thanks for this information. I will be there in November and had no idea this was necessary.
It can be paid 7 days before arrival. You can also pay it at the airport but it will slow you down. Lastly, print it out. Don't be the person trying for a couple minutes pulling it up on email and slowing down the line.

It can be paid 7 days before arrival. You can also pay it at the airport but it will slow you down. Lastly, print it out. Don't be the person trying for a couple minutes pulling it up on email and slowing down the line.
If you want to show it on your phone -- which is indeed efficient -- don't try and show the email; just screenshot the QR code and show the picture.

Thanks in advance!
That is the correct website. For the Entry tax. Guests need to be careful goggling this. There are multiple “middle men” agent web pages charging more than the $75 and sadly they can not be shut down (many have tried) since they state (in small print) that they are agents, or clearing houses, or whatever name they give themselves…. What they are is crooks. Always be sure you only pay this (7 days in advance as mentioned) via the official government page.

Actually, you can pay the Bonaire Entry Tax more than 7 days in advance, if that is more convenient. Just put a fictitious entry date on the form. Example: suppose you are arriving 1 Dec but your spouse is coming 2 weeks later. Just put 1 Dec on both forms.

Actually, you can pay the Bonaire Entry Tax more than 7 days in advance, if that is more convenient. Just put a fictitious entry date on the form. Example: suppose you are arriving 1 Dec but your spouse is coming 2 weeks later. Just put 1 Dec on both forms.
Not Advised … do so at your own risk of delays upon arrival.

Back
Top Bottom