Just a reminder for Bonaire New tariff: $75 per visit effective July 1, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199

Effective July 1, 2022, a tourist tax of $75 per visit to Bonaire will apply to each non-resident 13 years of age and older. Children up to and including 12 years of age who are non-residents and also residents of the other 5 islands of the former Netherlands Antilles will pay $10 per visit to the island. The tourist tax can be paid in advance online or else upon arrival at the airport.​

Method of payment:

At this moment the final touches are being made to the website on which visitors to Bonaire can register and pay their ‘Entry Tax’. It is not yet known how payment will be checked on arrival and how guests can still pay their entry tax if they haven’t done so yet.

There is another thread on this: New tourist tax structure in effect 7-1-22.
It is important to note that this tax replaces the current room tax and car tax that are being charged. It works out that you will pay a little more after July 1 for a one-week stay, but will save money on a stay that is 10-11 days or longer.

Anyone who has already booked and paid may have had the old tax rates added to their tab. If so, you should ask for a refund from your hotel.

Thanks OP. I have a trip booked in July and paid the per day taxes using the old rules.

For what it's worth, VRBO and Avis have removed their per day taxes for bookings in July.

Neither issued refunds automatically. I'm in the process of requesting refunds for the per day taxes from both given I'll end up paying the entry taxes instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom