Well, I'm taking the plunge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pasig or Pasay is good. The bus leaves from GMA-Kamuning (a couple metro stops north of Pasig) so you can cab it from where you're staying fairly easy. The bus then stops in Pasay to pick up passengers but it might be crowded by the time it gets there.

You'll arrive in to Batangas pier where you can take the ferry over to PG. Try get it to Sabang but you might have to go into the town proper (Muelle) and then take a water taxi to Sabang (or where ever you're staying).

I can't remember the name of the bus company (I think it's Titan?), but we've talked about it plenty of times here. The price is about P70 one way and leaves regularly (I've never waited more than an hour for it to leave, and usually leaves every 30 mins if there's a lot of people) IIRC so just show up and hop on. I believe the first bus leaves at 5am?

another option is to stay in ermita. there's lots of cheap places to stay there and i think there's a shuttle to puerto galera from ermita. swagman i think.
like jag said, coupon taxis are much more expensive than those with meters. but they are safer and saves you the trouble of haggling and saves you from getting ripped off.

Well, I'm planning on taking the bus to batangas. i'm not staying with a resort, so... It's also part of the adventure I think...:D I honnestly have no idea where to look for bus schedules though! Is there a website?
So Pasig would be good for the bus next morning, eh? I'm going to look into it...

Salamat!:coffee:
might i suggest taking a bus from pasay or buendia (about 10 mins cab from pasay)... that way you only have to go from the airport to pasay then the buses are relatively nearby...

airport to pasig can take 45 minutes depending on traffic... higher cab fare for the same effect...

at the intersection of buendia and taft (under the monorail) there are a number of bus stations most of which have trips to batangas pier leaving every 30 minutes or so... i'd recommend Batangas STar Express coz they have new buses and they're marginally more comfortable than Jam Transit...

make sure the bus says "batangas pier calabarzon" (it's a faster ride)

Jag

Hey Codman, how good is your Filipino and do you still have the accent? Better practice so they'll think you are a local and won't pick on you as a rich Balikbayan from Canada. :D. Anyways, keep us posted on your adventures, opinions, comments, jokes, and observations!

Phil (bisugo767)

Well, I'm planning on taking the bus to batangas. i'm not staying with a resort, so... It's also part of the adventure I think...:D I honnestly have no idea where to look for bus schedules though! Is there a website?
So Pasig would be good for the bus next morning, eh? I'm going to look into it...

Salamat!:coffee:

Hey Codman, how good is your Filipino and do you still have the accent? Better practice so they'll think you are a local and won't pick on you as a rich Balikbayan from Canada. :D. Anyways, keep us posted on your adventures, opinions, comments, jokes, and observations!

Phil (bisugo767)
chip tried to fit in... then he let's slip with "susama ka na!" and we were all on to him - he's not from around here parts! :rofl3:

Jag

Everyone, when I do go back home for my sabbatical, we should meet up and go diving together (if possible).

Phil (bisugo767)

chip tried to fit in... then he let's slip with "susama ka na!" and we were all on to him - he's not from around here parts! :rofl3:

Jag

bwahahhahahahhaahahhahhahaha....

My Filipino is... 0...:D:D I've purchased a little dictionary to try to learn the essential words like Thankyou, and beer... and Thankyou for my beer... :14: But hey, I basically know nothing and will stick out like a sore thumb! Add to this that I am 6', 185 lbs, black hair with blue eyes, and huge sideburns :14: nah, I don't think I'll be able to melt into the crowd...:D:D:D

But I doo pick up languages easily and hope to be able to exchange a few sentences in Tagalog before I leave there!!!:coffee:

Phil (bisugo767)

Jag
The important thing is that I try! It's still easier on SB - you won't have to hear my awful accent! :D (It's all about rapping the roof of the jeepney to hop off!...)

[radio] 1 million PAY-SOES! [/radio]

Codman, I am glad you have so much enthusiasm! Don't worry, most Pilipinos will look after you quite well and are very hospitable. They just have this nasty WWII greeting that they keep using on any caucasian which is "Hey, Joe...". Spend more time in the Philippines and you'll come out as a bonafide Pilipino!

Phil (bisugo767)

My Filipino is... 0...:D:D I've purchased a little dictionary to try to learn the essential words like Thankyou, and beer... and Thankyou for my beer... :14: But hey, I basically know nothing and will stick out like a sore thumb! Add to this that I am 6', 185 lbs, black hair with blue eyes, and huge sideburns :14: nah, I don't think I'll be able to melt into the crowd...:D:D:D

But I doo pick up languages easily and hope to be able to exchange a few sentences in Tagalog before I leave there!!!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom