Weightbelt with drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed L.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My new drysuit is arriving at the shop on Wed. Is anyone still diving a drysuit with a standard weightbelt in conjunction with a weight integrated BC? Just dont want to have 35 pounds of weight on my shoulders plus tank etc. Would like to distribute part of that to the weight belt.

Your thoughts and opinions?

Ed L.

I wear part of my weight on my belt. I even wear old school lead weights. I like the fact that all my weight isn't in one place. Helps to trim me out better and is way more comfortable out of the water as well.

And as an added bonus, if I ever had to ditch my weights, I wouldn't have to toss all of them at once.

Tim

I dive a weighted backplate AND a small weighbelt.

I dive a big steel tank (130) with a 11.5 pound plate and a 4 pound weighbelt.

'sall good.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I dive a weighted backplate AND a small weighbelt.

I dive a big steel tank (130) with a 11.5 pound plate and a 4 pound weighbelt.

'sall good.

---
Ken

This seems about the same as me, diving dry with HP120, 5 lbs DR plate and 10 on the belt.

I take 22 Lbs and a Steel 120. I use all integrated but I have thought about moving some around.

All my lead is on my belt when I dive dry.

I wear a weight belt when diving dry, it's nice to have all the weight spread out when you have to carry it (i find it easier to lug it in 2 runs then all at once when i'm tired!) Whichever is easiest and works for you!

You will want a weight belt with suspenders, since you can't cinch it tight against your body like you do with a wetsuit (air needs to flow around your body). you can add suspenders, or there are products that are made that are a harness rig, with even pull out weight pockets !!,, you can also use bean bag style shot weights in these belt/harness rigs.

Back
Top Bottom