Weight of Hollis DCX 1st stage VS Apex XTX50 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Larson

Registered
Reaction score
Curious of the weight difference between Hollis's flagship DCX first stage and Apex's XTX50 first stage.

Been using the 200LX's currently in sidemount but find myself always head heavy compared to others with similar set ups. I've always thought the Hollis first stages seemed fairly heavy.
Does anyone know the difference of weight between the two? Done a fair bit of research but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Curious of the weight difference between Hollis's flagship DCX first stage and Apex's XTX50 first stage.

Been using the 200LX's currently in sidemount but find myself always head heavy compared to others with similar set ups. I've always thought the Hollis first stages seemed fairly heavy.
Does anyone know the difference of weight between the two? Done a fair bit of research but could not find anything.

Thanks,

highly unlikely that the two are going to be significantly different. Maybe an ounce or two, but nothing that is going to change your trim. If you're head heavy, change your fins. You may need/want heavy fins if you're drysuit diving up in Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom