Weight Belt with BP/Wing Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HoosierDiver,

If you get to Lafayette, stop in and I'll show you a set. I'm easy to find I'm only lds in town. I'm not at the shop right now so I don't know the exact price.

Mike

I did say they are not cheap for what you get :) The 10 lb version is cheaper than the 15 lb version though, I got mine for about $112 from memory. Shop around.

You might be able to find similar generic pockets that fit onto webbing from another manufacturer for a lot less, but I don't know of any offhand. You could always use the 4 or 5 lb weight pockets designed to fit onto tank cam straps on your harness, but they would then be non-ditchable.

I've used the ACB system while diving singles dry, and liked their convenience. As you've seen though, they're pretty pricey. If you'd still like to try a weight belt again, it's important that your BP/harness is fitted correctly or the waist strap and weight belt will interfere with each other.

Slip your harness on and reach behind your head as if you're going for a valve. You should be able to easily touch your BP. If you can't, it's sitting to low, and therefore your waist strap will also be too low, and will interfere w/ the weight belt. After realizing this myself, I've since ditched (no pun intended) the ACB pockets and gone back to the weight belt.

If you have the older pioneer wing model that requires an adapter, using a weighted one. Yet another way to get some weight off your belt.

If you're really keen on the Halcyon ACB pockets, I may know someone who's looking to sell theirs.....probably for a deal. :wink:

Good luck!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom