Weight belt suspenders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badger70

Reaction score
I need to use a lot of weight on my belt and always have had a problem with my belt slipping and having to keep tightening it (especially as my wet suit contracts at depth.) I have been told (and seen some pictures when researching them online) that there are suspenders (shoulder straps) systems for weights.

One model I saw online appeared to be only shoulder straps (with quick release buckles) with no pockets or waist strap. The online advertisement had few details other than a picture. For something like this do you feed a traditional belt through a loop at the bottom of it? Can this work with a vest BC? (does it go over the top of it.

I have also heard of a style that has weight pockets on the shoulder straps themselves.

Any information, advice or explanation anyone can give me on these would be appreciated.

I know a weight integrated BC is an option, but my BC (vest style) is brand new and I like it, so I would like to try to make things work without runing out and buying/trading for a new one.

DUI Weight and Trim 2 should fit the bill.

Good luck

Bjorn

DUI, again. I find it works very well. I split my weight between integrated BCD and DUI harness, which is worn under the BCD. The pull handles are prominent enough to allow you to dumb the weight in the DUI harness, even though it is not on top.

Yeah, I have over 50 dives on the DUI system and I can't tell I'm wearing them sometimes.

The DUI harness was just the ticket for my drysuit. Meanwhile my wife has adopted the harness for the summer.

Pete

There are suspenders available that work with a standard weight belt. There are also "weight systems" such as DUI W&T (*classic or II*) and Poseidon's product.

The advantage of the systems is that weight can be dropped relatively easily. Not having used the suspenders version I cannot say if QR is possible. I recall seeing some that had a QR in the shoulder strap(s) but the task of removing the belt itself would, I think, remain.

I use a DUI W&T II, customized like so:

duiw&tpocket.jpg

duiw&tshoulderstrap.jpg

duiw&twithbryden.jpg

Get a depth adjusting weight belt buckle. It's loaded with a spring and will continue to compress with your suit at depth. I use this on my BP/W and weight belt and they work great. :)

Here is a link to one, this isn't the exact same one I use, I two from Trident but this is very similar. I almost had to use a harness as well since I have no hips or butt to really hold up a weight belt.

Here

My weight harness is from Amer-sea, now hughco.com. The shoulder straps have D rings and quick-release buckles. The shoulder and waist straps are adjustable. It has two quick-release pouches similar to Dive-Rite that are positioned on the waist strap with clips. I found it much simpler to use than the DUI system.

Simply fantastic. The weight is on my shoulders and I do not have to cinch up the waist strap.

Next best thing to weight-integrated BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom