Weekend Plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobzilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I think the ocean will be a mess this weekend. Weather will be great after Friday but Earl is going to make the already mediocre visibility even worse.

Is anyone heading for the lakes or considering to explore one of the quarries mentioned in earlier posts?

Hi all,

I think the ocean will be a mess this weekend. Weather will be great after Friday but Earl is going to make the already mediocre visibility even worse.

Is anyone heading for the lakes or considering to explore one of the quarries mentioned in earlier posts?

Why don't u head to Dutch springs in Bethlehem Pennsylvania! Great training facility, Showers, Hotels nearby or camp there. Food is ok. air/ nitrox fills

This is one of those weekends we save the lakes for. I hope to burn a tank or 2 in a local spot Friday morning. Saturday is a bust with the storm and a wedding. Sunday and Monday look entirely salvageable.

We got stirred up a few weeks a go. Danielle stirred the pot and now Earl. At least the fresh water is still comfy warm so it will be enjoyable bottle and artifact hunting.

Remember that it's a holiday weekend and the waters will be busy. I hear that Clarke's Point on Winnipessauke is to be avoided. Dive flags aren't perfect but they may still be your best insurance.

Pete

Why don't u head to Dutch springs in Bethlehem Pennsylvania! Great training facility, Showers, Hotels nearby or camp there. Food is ok. air/ nitrox fills

I had that planned for the following weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to go to Dutch Springs then.

I attached a list of ponds in Mass.

Upper Mystic looks good. Over 80', easily accessible, and clear. I have been on the adjacent Lower Mystic Lake with my RIB a couple of times, motoring up trough the Mystic River.

Also, surprisingly deep (97') is Walden Pond but who knows whether access is permitted.

Anyone game for exploring Mystic Lake on Sunday?

Attachments

• MassPonds.xls
    57.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
The ocean will be a wash but won't a heavy runoff effect the lakes also.

Will be on Cape looking over in-laws house and Cottage. Bringing gear to dive Hathaway pond once blows over. There will be surface chop/breezy topside but water will be fine to penetrate the Field and stream wreck!

I attached a list of ponds in Mass.

Upper Mystic looks good. Over 80', easily accessible, and clear. I have been on the adjacent Lower Mystic Lake with my RIB a couple of times, motoring up trough the Mystic River.

Also, surprisingly deep (97') is Walden Pond but who knows whether access is permitted.

Anyone game for exploring Mystic Lake on Sunday?

Walden Pond is not possible to dive :( I asked already. It is extremely clear water at least from the shore... you can canoe, kayak or swim, but you can't dive... I'm not sure I understand really why though...

Well I tried diving yesterday at Folly's. I had all the gear prepped and tested @ home. When I got there the computer-integrated HP hose started leaking.:blinking: Isn't that always the case? So, here's a nice picture of the CSI x scooter on what seemed a really nice day to go diving?

X

Attachments

• X scooter @ Folly's.jpg
    X scooter @ Folly's.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 52
Well I tried diving yesterday at Folly's. I had all the gear prepped and tested @ home. When I got there the computer-integrated HP hose started leaking.:blinking: Isn't that always the case? So, here's a nice picture of the CSI x scooter on what seemed a really nice day to go diving?

X

Bummer, such a nice site,too bad its in a town run by A-holes.

Back
Top Bottom