Weekend Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like CSSP for me on Sunday for a few dips. :wink: I would head to Travis but just don't feel like the drive tomm..

Went out to Windy Point yesterday. My buddy and I went to the south end of the park and dived to the South. Overall the vis was around 2-3 feet at best but there was a small pocket of better vis around 80-90 ft. We hit 125 ft and the vis had reduced down to 1-2 ft. In fact we became separated because of the vis and because we had run into the trees and had to extricate ourselves. Temp was 68...

Layne

Vis in the pool was 30' max. We hit the hard bottom at about 8' Some of the group had a tough time with buoyancy. Lots of time spent practicing skills. Water temp was 80. We had so much fun, we're going back today to do some more.

Sunday.... dove CSSP a few dives...vis was pretty good at 10-15ft, water temp was 59f from the surface to 39ffw.

Aquarena was superb today. Water temperature 72 degrees max depth 16 feet in the training area.
They have added a really nice platform for students and instructors that keeps from kicking up the silt in the training area, it was really clear all day with a whopping 30 foot viz.

Till next time,

I was out at CSSP Saturday working with an OW class, and Texdiveguy nailed it - temp was 58 or 59. Vis was a little better Saturday - at least 15 feet. We could even see the platform from the surface on Saturday morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom