Weekend Dive Plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to go to Hudson Grotto and get in a dive or two first thing in the AM. manda100 may go, but she is waiting on some equipment and won't know until this evening.

If she doesn't go, I don't have anyone to dive with.

Let me know if you are interested in going to HG.

Thanks,

John

Surface was in the 80's and the bottom around 72. Did a nice bottom swim around the lines, some stage bottle practice and a couple of circuits of the 30 and 60 foot lines. The water level is up and the halocline and thermocline are not very defined. Vis was a little cloudy on top but I think that was due to all the rain we've had.

Thank you to Brian, Brian's friend (forgot his name), Jason, Ben, Larry and Ken for a great day and I have no worries about my gear making it back. Also thanks for lunch Ken!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Surface was in the 80's and the bottom around 72. Did a nice bottom swim around the lines, some stage bottle practice and a couple of circuits of the 30 and 60 foot lines. The water level is up and the halocline and thermocline are not very defined. Vis was a little cloudy on top but I think that was due to all the rain we've had.

Thank you to Brian, Brian's friend (forgot his name), Jason, Ben, Larry and Ken for a great day and I have no worries about my gear making it back. Also thanks for lunch Ken!

You earned that lunch Bro. You had to deal with me on the bottom. :wink: Had a good time and enjoyed the scenery today. I know Ben did!!!! We almost didn't get him to come back up.:rofl3:

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

You earned that lunch Bro. You had to deal with me on the bottom. :wink: Had a good time and enjoyed the scenery today. I know Ben did!!!! We almost didn't get him to come back up.:rofl3:
Sorry you don't understand shallow tech diving. There are many things that need to be observed.:D

A big thanks to Ben for diving w/ me today. We had a couple of nice dives in Hudson Grotto. Vis was variable, and the hydrogen sulfide layer was not really evident at the 70-80' level like normal. I got some more practice in w/ my doubles and Ben was trying some different arrangements w/ his pony bottle.

At the end of the second dive I tried my first lift bag deployment from the 45' platform. All went well until I started letting the line out and the bag started pulling me upwards as the finger spool was sort of sticking on my finger. Ben helped to keep me from going too far up. Next time I'll let the line free spool more. All in all, I didn't feel too bad about my first attempt.

Thanks to Ben for being an excellent dive partner!

John

A big thanks to Ben for diving w/ me today. We had a couple of nice dives in Hudson Grotto. Vis was variable, and the hydrogen sulfide layer was not really evident at the 70-80' level like normal. I got some more practice in w/ my doubles and Ben was trying some different arrangements w/ his pony bottle.

At the end of the second dive I tried my first lift bag deployment from the 45' platform. All went well until I started letting the line out and the bag started pulling me upwards as the finger spool was sort of sticking on my finger. Ben helped to keep me from going too far up. Next time I'll let the line free spool more. All in all, I didn't feel too bad about my first attempt.

Thanks to Ben for being an excellent dive partner!

John
Right back at you.:biggrin2:

It was nice to meet and dive with you. Looking forward to the next one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom